Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Aprtments /Allendale Roundabout

Options
  • 09-07-2020 12:03pm

I noticed that people have moved in to these new apartments.
    Does anyone know what the developement is called.

Saw them being built, but never saw them go on the market.

All the furniture seems to be the same, same table and chairs in every apartment. Struck me as odd, usually a developer would only furnish one unit just for staging.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

They never went to market. We noticed very early on that these were never going to go to market and once they became furnished, one can only assume another development gone to social housing. They look really nice, you can view the plans on the Fingal planning website.

They never went to market. We noticed very early on that these were never going to go to market and once they became furnished, one can only assume another development gone to social housing. They look really nice, you can view the plans on the Fingal planning website.

They are fabulous. Kind of thought they might be social housing when I noticed all the same furniture.

Good luck to them, beautiful new home

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

they are built by the same crowd that built Hansfield Wood across the way, site foreman told us they all went to social housing

Jammyd wrote: »
    they are built by the same crowd that built Hansfield Wood across the way, site foreman told us they all went to social housing

Wow, Id say they cost a few bob too, if they were on open market. Nice small site.

Jake1 wrote: »
    Wow, Id say they cost a few bob too, if they were on open market. Nice small site.

they are probably getting market rent through HAP i.e. tenants paying a small portion and the Govt (taxpayer) paying the rest, Allana may have used that site to meet their % of social housing requirements with another future site they plan to develop its fairly standard practice, they are building 750 apts up the road with another 10% earmarked for social housing the rest are build to rent which essentially will be majority HAP socially also.

Don't begrudge anyone a home but when we got our council house back in the day (early 2000's)it was the bare minimum, no flooring on the stairs or upstairs, horrible basic tiles and 2 kitchen units in the kitchen, I would say the spec on these is built for private sector but ends up in the public if that makes sense.

• Advertisement

Jammyd wrote: »
    they are probably getting market rent through HAP i.e. tenants paying a small portion and the Govt (taxpayer) paying the rest, Allana may have used that site to meet their % of social housing requirements with another future site they plan to develop its fairly standard practice, they are building 750 apts up the road with another 10% earmarked for social housing the rest are build to rent which essentially will be majority HAP socially also.

Don't begrudge anyone a home but when we got our council house back in the day (early 2000's)it was the bare minimum, no flooring on the stairs or upstairs, horrible basic tiles and 2 kitchen units in the kitchen, I would say the spec on these is built for private sector but ends up in the public if that makes sense.

yes, I remember the same, bare bare bones of a home you got back then, but you were glad of it :)

I never knew that that Social Housing came furnished, until now. Thats why the furniture in those apartments stood out to me, all the same, same placement etc.

I hope whoever gets to live there, appreciates it and there are no complaints of ' no facilities' :)

Jake1 wrote: »
    yes, I remember the same, bare bare bones of a home you got back then, but you were glad of it :)

I never knew that that Social Housing came furnished, until now. Thats why the furniture in those apartments stood out to me, all the same, same placement etc.

I hope whoever gets to live there, appreciates it and there are no complaints of ' no facilities' :)

you can get anything when your on the social (bar a job) I kid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Social housing doesn't come furnished. it's likely these properties are rented possibly hap properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I think the exterior of these new blocks that backs onto the Ongar Distributor Road look very drab. Much uglier looking than the adjacent Allendale Square yellow brick apartments built in the early 2000s which have aged really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,842 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I did plan to enquire of Fingal CC who granted permission for a block so out of keeping with other finishes nearby. The outside elevation of Mountjoy Women's prison looks better frankly. Dreadful design.

• Advertisement

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I did plan to enquire of Fingal CC who granted permission for a block so out of keeping with other finishes nearby. The outside elevation of Mountjoy Women's prison looks better frankly. Dreadful design.

http://alannahomes.ie/portfolio/allendale-square/

They seemed to have changed the finish from the original which was also hideous..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Social housing doesn't come furnished. it's likely these properties are rented possibly hap properties.

Housing agency properties do though.

Advertisement