Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celt World

Options
  • 20-05-2020 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me exactly where Celt World was in Tramore? I was in there but cannot remember where it was

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭invara

It is underneath ALDI, behind the old train station and beside splashworld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Thanks. This is the trainstation isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

That's the one!

That's the one!
    Was i beside it left of photo behind the red and white barriers where the stones are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Was i beside it left of photo behind the red and white barriers where the stones are?

iirc I moved to Ireland just as it was opening and by the time I got down that way it had closed. I can remember going to splash world and making a point of finding out what the empty nearby building was - Celt World.

Anyway my memory is that it was to the right of splash world and a little past it in that google location picture, but I could be wrong.

I've googled in the past for Celt World and it possibly because it came and went preinternet I couldn't find anything.

Anyone with any links about Celt World please post them.

• Advertisement

If you know which is Splashworld (the second largest building on the map) then Celtworld is just below it (probably the biggest building on the map and square looking from above. https://bit.ly/300bslZ - unless anyone knows better???

Edit> OK Easier to use this map https://goo.gl/maps/UQuEWmzroJSD45466 and say its was where Aldi now is (as already pointed out by invara). Long time since I've been down that way so didn't even know Aldi was there :o

Plus a little video from RTE can be found here https://www.rte.ie/archives/2017/0424/869888-celtworld-to-become-dinosaur-park/

Thanks everyone. I was in in once. I would love to have the narrative script i found parts of it haunting

Thanks everyone. I was in in once. I would love to have the narrative script i found parts of it haunting

Well thats my point there is only superficial info on Celtworld. If it had closed in the last few months we'd have you tube videos of every part of it.

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Well thats my point there is only superficial info on Celtworld. If it had closed in the last few months we'd have you tube videos of every part of it.
    OK thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,113 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Some bits of the Celtworld story were good, but some were amazingly naff. Its main problem was that it only told one story, and once you had seen it there was no point going again. It cost a ridiculous, staggering amount to build. Or should I say, a ridiculous, staggering amount was spent.

• Advertisement

I can remember looking through the doors of the gutted empty building in about 1999 (?) and thinking there wasn't much actual building for all the money spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Advertisement