Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Yen?

Options
  • 21-08-2017 8:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Buying Yen. What's the story lads? Just order from the bank and pay the rates and fees? or wait till ya get there and use an ATM. (Using an AIB Visa Debit card):D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭tampopo

The last few times I've been, I've brought euro notes. A big wad of 50s. There's an issue if you go over 300,000Y so be careful. Be prepared to wait. (I went to a high street bank) as they seem to check Each.And.Every.Note.Individually. Me? I'd check the first one and flick the rest through my fingers to see if there'd be an odd one in the bunch.

Failing that, I've gone to AIB with enough notice, or BoI in College Green in Dublin who seem to have a lot of FX on tap whenever I've gone in. JPY is a big currency so they'd have some on hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

I plan on using Revolut (Mastercard) over there in a 7-11. Failing that I'm hoping my Visa Debit will work.

Advertisement