Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

POTW 560: 6/2/21 - 12/2/21

• 14-03-2021 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

bernard0368
    50914731838_33daaae877_c.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

NEW WAVE
    aPtvktU.jpg

Goldfinch8
    542593.jpg

A Dub in Glasgo
    20210210-132536a.jpg

Adrian.Sadlier
    50913951303_384d310867_c.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS bernard!
    Any info on the winning shot would be appreciated.

WELL DONE HMs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Love this winning pic so much. We used to have foxes on the waste ground behind our house. I could get shots of them playing every now and then, watch the cubs playing. It's been built on since so rarely see them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 contrary

Could Adrian.Sadlier give the low down on his photograph also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Thanks everyone, and especially Mysyk for keeping this going.
    This fox is one I regularly come across on my walks. I love the little smirk on his face, its as he has come to regconise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

contrary wrote: »
    Could Adrian.Sadlier give the low down on his photograph also?

The photo starts with a €2.99 Gerbera from Lidl. Sprayed with a fine mist to add the water droplets.

Shot in natural light on a kitchen table (illuminated via patio doors - there's a lovely bright diffused light in the kitchen in the morning) with a dark sheet of card as the backdrop. I used a Nikon D810 with a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 lens and a tripod. ISO 64. Shutter Speed ranged from 0.8" to 1.6". Taken in Aperture priority mode. Shutter on a 10 second delay (I was too lazy to use a wireless trigger).

It's a focus stack of 6 images, processed in PS, converted to B&W using Silver Efex Pro.

Advertisement