Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun an Rí open?

Options
  • 27-01-2021 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Does anyone kow if Dun an Rí forest park is open during current lockdown?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Sorry don't know about Dun an Ri, but Killykeen park has been open all along, and it's a Coillte one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Yea Dun A Ri is open but very busy.
    There are also forest walls in Virginia and Bailieborough but of course we all need to stay within 5km

Killykeen as mentioned above is wonderful and I visit maybe three times a week in normal times, whatever that is.

Killykeen almost as busy these times as you'd normally see in the summer.
    They have tarmac'd one of the trails from the bridge all the way to the Killeshandra gate, parallel to the main road through the park, and it's great for kids on bikes, plus a new walking trail from near the killeshandra entrance back to town, also tarmac'd and about 4km long.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Yeah, Killkeen is way to busy for my liking. I know it's outdoors but I'll be avoiding anyway for the forseeable!
    It's also just outside my 5k limit so I shouldn't be going there anyway

Gaspode wrote: »
    Yeah, Killkeen is way to busy for my liking. I know it's outdoors but I'll be avoiding anyway for the forseeable!
    It's also just outside my 5k limit so I shouldn't be going there anyway

Bit less scenic, but the local GAA pitch at Cornafean seem to have put in low wattage lighting along the track surrounding the pitch.
    Know one husband and wife who go every day and do a couple of miles worth of laps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I saw that alright, the only flat route for miles!

Tried it for a run once but found it too monotonous. Much as I hate the hills around here, I'd rather walk/run around the little lanes and back roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Barney224

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement