Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling in China

Options
  • 29-11-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey guys.
    I'm going to China in the new year to teach English.
    I've gotten a few job offers, but before I choose, I want to know what transport in China is like? Because while i'm there i'd like to travel around, and explore the country.

So what is the quality of trains in China? How long it takes to go between major cities by train? Are trains expensive? Should I be focusing on bigger cities with a regional airport? Are flights between cities expensive? Do all regional airports also do international flights, if I want to fly to Vietnam for example.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Depends on the train. High speed trains are a lot nicer than the slow ones (obviously!) and also the class of passengers is very different! Personally I hate long train journeys and would avoid them where possible. Depends what city your living in for flights to Vietnam?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Thrash

For example, how much would a train from Guanzhou to Shanghai cost? and how long would it take?
    Or flights from Guangzhou to Shanghai?
    Just so I have an estimate of prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

According to Google, a 2nd class train ticket (single) on the high speed train is about 800Kuai. Overnight trains and regular slow trains would be cheaper!(Soft sleeper 580Kuai, Hard sleeper 333, Hard Seat 190)

Advertisement