Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mcpa application

Options
  • 21-04-2021 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭

Have 3 acres to spray with mcpa

Application rate do ye use? How much water and product to the acre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

893bet wrote: »
    Have 3 acres to spray with mcpa

Application rate do ye use? How much water and product to the acre.

Follow the guidlines on the container - there is a real problem with over application in this country with growing levels in groundwater etc. that reflects badly on farming in general

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Follow the guidlines on the container - there is a real problem with over application in this country with growing levels in groundwater etc. that reflects badly on farming in general

Outside of container got damaged. Hence I am asking what is people preference.

If I recall it 2.7-5.4 litre per ha. That’s a big range so interested to what people use and how much water they used also.

The rushes are fairly soft still really and field was cut for silage last June/july.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

I use anything from 1 litre to 1 and a half litres of mcpa for every 100 litres of water in the sprayer tank.low pressure & drive slow with the rushes.

I'd generally get a good kill with this.this . I use a sticking agent in the mix for rushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭50HX

100-150 water to the acre

1 litre mcpa to 100 water

24-48 hours dry weather after is a better job

Hormone based chemical so rush has to be growing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

ruwithme wrote: »
    I use anything from 1 litre to 1 and a half litres of mcpa for every 100 litres of water in the sprayer tank.low pressure & drive slow with the rushes.

I'd generally get a good kill with this.this . I use a sticking agent in the mix for rushes.

What sticking agent do you use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Jb1989

50HX wrote: »
    100-150 water to the acre

1 litre mcpa to 100 water

24-48 hours dry weather after is a better job

Hormone based chemical so rush has to be growing

Won't be fit to drive hard enough at 100 litres if ground is rough and rushy, usually be 125/150.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Won't be fit to drive hard enough at 100 litres if ground is rough and rushy, usually be 125/150.

Adjust pressure and/or change nozzle jet

125/150 water is OK too, I think dry period after is critical

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

You need to know what litres per ha/ acre you will be putting out. The amount of product per ha/acre stays the same regardless of the volume of water

Mooooo wrote: »
    You need to know what litres per ha/ acre you will be putting out. The amount of product per ha/acre stays the same regardless of the volume of water

Correct but there is often a broad range on water volume per have

With rushes I think the high end rate of water works best

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SpraySafely

Hi Applicator,

3Acres = 1.2 Ha

There are a few variables which will determine the correct amount of water required.

Rate per nozzle? L/m (depends on nozzle colour and pressure)
    Distance between nozzles? m
    Speed you will be travelling at? km/h
    Dosage Rate, can be found online if you have the name of the product usually 2.7-3.3 L/ha

I have a spreadsheet and am happy to calculate the amount of water required for you should you wish.

There is a huge risk to our continued use of herbicides going forward due to incorrect usage and I urge you to please not go for a 5.4L/ha application rate. You will get much better results doing 2.7L/ha twice in say Spring and Autumn.

Below are figures I use for Agroxone90 with my sprayer, red nozzles @ 3bar.

INPUTS
    Rate Per Nozzle 1.6 L/m
    Dispance per nozzle 0.5 m
    Sprayer Capacity 400 L
    Dosage Rate 2.7 L/ha
    Speed 7 km/h

= Chemical Added 3.94 L

• Advertisement
Advertisement