Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

weeds!!!!!!

Options
  • 26-05-2015 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

hello all,

anyone know of any service around town to wipe out weeds ??? ive cobble out front and back and weeds are a killer. use roundup every summer but does f**k all and they're back in no time. at this stage id happily pay someone that would be able to get rid even for 6months!! any info much obliged :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

hello all,

anyone know of any service around town to wipe out weeds ??? ive cobble out front and back and weeds are a killer. use roundup every summer but does f**k all and they're back in no time. at this stage id happily pay someone that would be able to get rid even for 6months!! any info much obliged :)

My guess the cobblework was not laid correctly (how long is it there?).

you will get some weeds over time when dirt builds up between joints.

Can't give you a recommendation for the South East for a person to fix it. Most Maintenance and Landscape Gardeners will easily sort it for you.

You can also get a herbicide that will stop weeds germination over a period of time 6 months and more . sometimes mixed with glyphosate (Roundup) which kills most weeds with a week of application.

Always read the instructions.

A Photo of the site to see the problem might help more.

GL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Have you tried this? Before you attempt it, wear a pair of good strong gloves and try to pull them out with root included, some weeds it works on.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

I use Hytrol for killing weeds it kills everything for up to a year. Just follow the instructions. I don't have cobbles so you might need to check it won't stain them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dickwhittington

Cobbles there since moved in 5years ago and b honest id say they were there five years previous! Thanks for all the replies 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Have you urinated on them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

hello all,

I can recommend a very good landscape gardener who'd be able to advise you.
    He lives on the Dunmore Road.

PM me and I'll give you his contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

is the cobble cracked, or is it just dirt build up and the weeds grow from that? I had the latter and just spent a few hours with a power hose, sorted it out brilliantly!

Advertisement