Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding Kennels for Dogs

Options
  • 28-07-2009 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Could anyone recommend a good boarding kennels near the city, one that someone has used pls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Junior

eirebhoys wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a good boarding kennels near the city, one that someone has used pls.

Heather Molloys on the Old Tramore Road.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I have dealt with a lovely lady doing business cards before who runs the place just past the holy cross on the cork road, I want to say Castle boarding Kennels but I'm not sure I could tell that she really only cares about the dogs and the business side of it is second.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

ziedth wrote: »
    I have dealt with a lovely lady doing business cards before who runs the place just past the holy cross on the cork road, I want to say Castle boarding Kennels but I'm not sure I could tell that she really only cares about the dogs and the business side of it is second.

We left our boxer with her for a week about 4 years ago and when we returned he was in a terrible state. He obviously hadn't been eating and he was filthy.
    When asked, she said he'd been walked twice a day and had eaten well each day which was obviously lies.
    I wouldn't ever again take a dog back to her, it was almost a month before he was back to his normal self.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭henboy

eirebhoys wrote: »

Grantstown boarding kennels, I often left my dog with them sometimes for a week. They have a really good set up and the dogs are really looked after. There a few miles past ballygunner

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Bluezar

I use a place called Roseville Kennels out near Tramore/Fenor area..
    Run by a lovely lady and my dog alwys looks immaculate when I return home and very well cared for...
    There number is 0868920954/051396942

Think they charge about 12 euros per day..

Def Recommend it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

We left our boxer with her for a week about 4 years ago and when we returned he was in a terrible state. He obviously hadn't been eating and he was filthy.
    When asked, she said he'd been walked twice a day and had eaten well each day which was obviously lies.
    I wouldn't ever again take a dog back to her, it was almost a month before he was back to his normal self.

Jesus, It just goes to show how ya just don't know with people. I'm honestly amazed because she seemed very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

henboy wrote: »
    Grantstown boarding kennels, I often left my dog with them sometimes for a week. They have a really good set up and the dogs are really looked after. There a few miles past ballygunner

I'm glad someone else has recommended here. The guy's name is Christy Bowe. My girlfriend used to work there and it really is a great place and very well run. We leave our dogs there when we go away, as does my family and one of my cousins. He's done a big job in the last while to make it even more secure.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

Contact details here.

Map showing its rough location here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

There are lovely kennels in Kilmurry, Slieverue (2mins from the bridge)
    6 individual accessible runs on two acres for 11euro per night.

Phone: 086-2057886

Email: SBKennels@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Castle: They left my dog out on Halloween one year, she went wild with the fireworks and escaped, breaking her nose while climbing over the 7' fence.

She also used to stink of Jeyes Fluid when she came back. I never went there again.

John Smith nr Mooncoin is excellent (PM me for phone number), as is Grantstown. Although I'm not sure about Chris's policy of having loud music playing during the day there 'to keep the dogs quiet'.

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Kev80

I can recommend Precious Paws Pet Hotel in Glenmore, Co Kilkenny. Its 15-20 mins from the bridge. The lady only takes a few dogs at a time and gives them plenty of attention. I've used it 3 or 4 times and have been really impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

John & Mary Smith, River Bears in Moooncoin. Leave my cat and dog there. Very nice people and very nice setup. Seem to really be into the animals welfare. Price is v good also. Cannot reccomend enough. PM me for the phone humber.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Heather Molloy is the best we have found. She treats the dogs as pets which is nice, he never comes back hoarse from her. But she only takes 7 dogs so can be hard to get in. Grantstown kennels are good too, we left ours there for a good feew years but you just get a feeling that the dogs are locked in those big sheds all day, the guy that runs it is very nice and the dogs are well looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

Another here for Heather on the Tramore Road. She's lovely. We always leave our dog with her. She actually cares about the dogs and doesn't overload herself. Very reasonable. We go away each year for just about a month and our dog always comes home from her happy and healthy.

Her number is 0868366878.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Thanks to everyone for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

+1 for Heather Molloy, couldn't recommend her highly enough, she's fantastic. We have a very highly strung dog and Heather's is the only place she's come back from really happy. In Grantstown, it is good but our dog cried for the whole week, through no fault of theirs. I just don't think it's big enough. Plenty of walks and huge area for them in Heather's. She treats them like her own, a great connection with the animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Just an update on this.
    Me and my wife were out at the Grantstown kennels today on a scouting mission:).
    I must say we were both very impressed with the whole setup, everything looked great, large kennels, lots of space etc.
    Our dogs will probably be spending a couple of days there, if anyone wants my opinion after,pm me or ask here and i'll be happy to let you know how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

deisedolly wrote: »
    There are lovely kennels in Kilmurry, Slieverue (2mins from the bridge)
    6 individual accessible runs on two acres for 11euro per night.

Phone: 086-2057886

Email: SBKennels@gmail.com

Would anyone have directions here please? I get lost over that side of the bridge :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 o.b

I'm certain you are incorrect with your post. Castle boarding kennels have a fantastic business for over 30 years. Castle boarding kennels do not walk dogs or claim to! All kennels have an adjoining run so no need to. It is commonly known that some dogs, particularly highly strung dogs like Boxers do pine for their owners. The lovely dog woman in question, Monica Brady. an avid and renowned dog lover, would always recommend keeping a dog who would suffer like that in their own environment and have a family member or friend visit and care for them. Please be accurate and honest with posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Woofers in grantstown are great. Hazell great with the dogs no complaints

Our dog is not with us anymore unfortunately but my opinion of Grantstown has changed since 2009. He wasn't that well in the few months before he died and we had an occasion where we had no choice to put him in kennels and they were the only place could take him. They put him in a nice quiet place away from all the other Dogs which made us so much more comfortable leaving him and I know he was happier too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Deerstalker1

Junior wrote: »
    Heather Molloys on the Old Tramore Road.
    Castle boarding kennels has been taking in my two dogs for the last few (5) years great people can genuinely see they love the animals

Castle boarding kennels has been taking in my two dogs for the last few (5) years great people can genuinely see they love the animals

When mine got older he needed an extra little bit of care and she was one f the few people I felt happy leaving him with. She treats the dogs as they are her own which isn't easy to find and with an elderly dog that was important.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Just an update on this.
    Me and my wife were out at the Grantstown kennels today on a scouting mission:).
    I must say we were both very impressed with the whole setup, everything looked great, large kennels, lots of space etc.
    Our dogs will probably be spending a couple of days there, if anyone wants my opinion after,pm me or ask here and i'll be happy to let you know how it goes.

Left my dogs out there for two weeks, next time I brought them back they ran to the owner for affection, clearly they enjoyed staying with him. (of course the converse may be true!).

Highly recommended.

Advertisement