Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Odeon or Omniplex: Which cinema do you prefer in Waterford and Why?

Options
  • 14-05-2015 12:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭

Odeon or Omniplex: Which cinema do you prefer in Waterford and Why?

Odeon or Omniplex: Which cinema do you prefer in Waterford and Why? 15 votes

odeon
    6% 1 vote
    omniplex
    93% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Free parking at Odeon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

Both are good , downsides and upsides to both of the cinemas.

Odeon you can buy a loyality card and build up points on it , each time you pay to see a film there + purchase food with a drink, also excluding the very back premier seats you can pretty much sit wherever you want in Odeon, 1 of the downsides is the new black seating in some of the screenrooms, the new black seat feel a bit unconformable to sit it I find.

Omniplex I find the popcorn much nicer then Odeon + the few times I was in Omniplex the popcorn was always fresh, a few times in Odeon after 9 in the night the popcorn isn,t so fresh whereas it was in Omniplex, the seats in Omniplex I prefer then Odeon much more comfortable also to the fact you can move the seat back and forth while watching a film, the only two downsides to Omniplex is the designated seating, and if you can,t purchase a loyality card to use if you were to go there on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

Omiplex -
    Comfy seats
    Nice PopCorn
    Nicer Staff that Odeon
    OmniMaxx Screen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

dzilla wrote: »
    Omiplex -
    Comfy seats
    Nice PopCorn
    Nicer Staff that Odeon
    OmniMaxx Screen

^^^^ what he said

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm heading to Omniplex today, but i was also there yesterday, and it's the second time i've had a bad experience (in the 5 times i've gone there). Firstly, the online information was wrong. It said 14.20 for Agents in 3D MAXX. When we got there, it was 2D in a smaller screen. Then, the coke was lacking enough syrup, so that had to be changed to the only other one in use, which was also lacking enough syrup.

The last time, the popcorn was more or less stale. And i had it changed twice, to no avail. Obviously they were using bagged stuff from the previous night. This has never happened in Odeon. Yes, i see them use the black bags, but it still tastes fresh for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭deadybai

Which ever night has the best bargain deal in either cinema for me.Omniplex has slight better deals but Odean has better access. Im not voting in the poll as having two competing is the best situation for the customers but if i had to chose one it would be Odean simply because of free parking.

PS One thing I hate about Omniplex is having to chose where you sit before you go in.

deadybai wrote: »
    Which ever night has the best bargain deal in either cinema for me.Omniplex has slight better deals but Odean has better access. Im not voting in the poll as having two competing is the best situation for the customers but if i had to chose one it would be Odean simply because of free parking.

PS One thing I hate about Omniplex is having to chose where you sit before you go in.

I hate the way you spell Odeon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I hate the way you spell Odeon

Odious

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Odius

Do you mean odious?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Odius
    Do you mean odious?

odealicious!

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    odealicious!

Odear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

dzilla wrote: »
    Odear

ohno

ohno

ohyeah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

kool1.jpg

Heading into Omniplex to see a movie. What are the prices on the popcorn/drink combos and do they actually give you a decent size?

First time going in there and get wait to see it for nostalgia sake :D

Medium popcorn coke and your ticket is ten euro on Thursday. Popcorn is lively and you get enough

*lovely

deadybai wrote: »
    *lovely

You know there's an "Edit" function, right?

You know there's an "Edit" function, right?

Nice addition to the conversation. 10/10

Advertisement