Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calibrating air quality monitoring devices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I think you will find that they buy kit that can be certified by a calibration lab if they are doing certifiable work.

Was on an airtightness testing course earlier this week, (fascinating!) and all the kit needs to be calibrated and certified annually.
    The fan, the manometer, the anometer if using one, the thermometer etc, and the IR camera if you have one as part of the service.

If any of the kit is out of its calibration date the whole report is invalid.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Thanks Calahonda.

I've found a company just down the road from me that does calibration services, so I'll give them a call and find out how much it costs.

Lumen wrote: »
    Thanks Calahonda.

I've found a company just down the road from me that does calibration services, so I'll give them a call and find out how much it costs.

Of the three of them, which would you rate the best?
    Do you have one for each bathroom ?:D

The Govees are great. You get this sort of stuff in the app plus CSV download.

I have one inside and outside the shed. The house will be upgraded eventually to match. :pac:

Screenshot-20200802-125718.png

Screenshot-20200802-125828.png

Obvs the LifeBasis is a different sort of device. I bought that to monitor particulate and VOC levels when I'm woodworking.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Obvs the LifeBasis is a different sort of device. I bought that to monitor particulate and VOC levels when I'm woodworking.

Thanks, so the Lifebasis is the only AQ one?

Thanks, so the Lifebasis is the only AQ one?

Well the others do humidity, but it's the only one that does particulates and VOCs.

I was using it today and the only issue is that it's not designed for continuous running, more for spot checks, so it keeps turning off. A wired one with an alarm would be handy.

Advertisement