Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect draft users

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Alkers wrote: »
    My unit arrived today from France (only ordered on Wednesday so that's a good turn around). Kegs arrived from Beer gals on Friday. Does anyone keep them in the fridge before putting them in the unit? The manual says to only refrigerate them upright but they're an awkward size to do that.

Fair play! I kept my kegs in fridge on their side before using. The warmer they are the more froth you get. I’d say it’ll take 5-6 hrs to get to correct temp using the machine only. If it fits in the freezer even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Donbo

Sixtoes, interested. Will drop you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kevbrady38

Sixtoes wrote: »
    Open to offers. ;)

Still selling the system?

Kevbrady38 wrote: »
    Still selling the system?

Hi Kev, will sell for the right price. PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

My unit arrived today from France (only ordered on Wednesday so that's a good turn around). Kegs arrived from Beer gals on Friday. Does anyone keep them in the fridge before putting them in the unit? The manual says to only refrigerate them upright but they're an awkward size to do that.

Keep my spares on their side in the fridge - no issues. Keeps them cool enough so that they are good to go in a much shorter time when you stick them in the machine. I would normally give a new keg out of the fridge, an hour or so to settle and then crack on

• Advertisement

Sixtoes wrote: »
    I have a Perfect Draft machine if anyone is interested. Purchased from Beer Hawk in the UK at the beginning of last years lockdown. Only ever used for four 6L kegs, so pretty much as new. Kegs now available in Ireland from The Beer Gals.
    Lucan, Dublin. €260

Now sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Cotts72

These machines are like gold dust, someone might throw a heads up of they spot them back in stock pls haha

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Machines are being listed in the *paper* Aldi catalogue for next Sunday 16th, but they are *not* in the online catalogue

IMG-20210509-110035.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Spocker wrote: »
    Machines are being listed in the *paper* Aldi catalogue for next Sunday 16th, but they are *not* in the online catalogue

IMG-20210509-110035.jpg

Saw on Facebook that Aldi commented that they would not be going on sale. Third time that has happened

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Saw on Facebook that Aldi commented that they would not be going on sale. Third time that has happened

Part of the deal to stock the Big Beers in their Irish stores perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Back in the Aldi brochure to sell. Found this thread after googling it

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

They posted a reply to someone on Twitter today saying that they would not be on sale until November.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It's a fantastic machine but the thing that makes it great on the continent is you can go to your local supermarket and pick up a keg for a tenner.

It loses a lot of its lustre when you're reduced to one seller in Ireland who charge four times that plus delivery.

At that point it costs basically the same as a pint in the pub, and you have the hassle of chilling the kegs yourself. Cool idea but a non runner at the prices mentioned for me, until a legit retailer launches the kegs in Ireland at realistic prices.

Even the Skal beer dispensers that hold any 5L keg would work out a lot cheaper at present where you can get Krombacher and a few others for €25 in Supervalu and lots of Irish craft brewers make them so might do you a deal on a few.

You can get the kegs online (from within the EU) (legally as far as I'm aware) for as little as €9 + €5 delivery (per keg assuming 4 kegs per order) + €5 deposit per keg.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

(legally as far as I'm aware)
    It's almost certain that it's not legal because the companies aren't paying Irish duty and VAT on that, which they are legally obliged to do.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

gebbel wrote: »
    was going to register a mailboxde account for shipping. Would it work or are there any risks?
    Mailboxde says it won't transport alcohol or any other excisable goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Can they be sourced anywhere in Europe that would deliver here? I see them on Amazon UK for over £500 but obviously that's a no.

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Theres some places that will deliver here (or used to) like beerhawk, but no matter where you order from you run the risk of seizure by Revenue, it's not worth it TBH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

gebbel wrote: »
    Can they be sourced anywhere in Europe that would deliver here? I see them on Amazon UK for over £500 but obviously that's a no.

Try Mrbeermachine, I've heard good reports about the quality of the stuff they sell.

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    Theres some places that will deliver here (or used to) like beerhawk, but no matter where you order from you run the risk of seizure by Revenue, it's not worth it TBH

I've used Beerwein twice now and have had no issue, and going by the FB page no one has had that particular issue, great way to stock up on some lagers for future BBQs.

Does anyone know when Beermonkeys are going to go live?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Poorside wrote: »
    I've used Beerwein twice now and have had no issue, and going by the FB page no one has had that particular issue, great way to stock up on some lagers for future BBQs.

Does anyone know when Beermonkeys are going to go live?

Have you managed to get kegs delivered to Ireland from beirwein ?

Joekers wrote: »
    Have you managed to get kegs delivered to Ireland from beirwein ?

Yup, got some on Monday, took 10 days from ordering.
    Similar with the first order I put it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Mod: Lads, reminder that the importation of alcohol is only allowed with a licence. Please don't be discussing importation of kegs.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

Was hoping to get one of these in Aldi on Sunday, it's an awful shame they won't have them. Been looking online & found this place in France selling them for €229.99 https://www.boulanger.com/ref/1117044 they only deliver to France. Anyway to get it shipped here using something like a Parcel Motel/Address Pal? Or from this place for €249.99 https://www.saveur-biere.com/en/beer-dispensers/678-perfectdraft-hd-3620.html who deliver to Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain & Sweden?

redmond08 wrote: »
    Was hoping to get one of these in Aldi on Sunday, it's an awful shame they won't have them. Been looking online & found this place in France selling them for €229.99 https://www.boulanger.com/ref/1117044 they only deliver to France. Anyway to get it shipped here using something like a Parcel Motel/Address Pal? Or from this place for €249.99 https://www.saveur-biere.com/en/beer-dispensers/678-perfectdraft-hd-3620.html who deliver to Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain & Sweden?

I got mine from amazon.fr. it was about 230 + 40e delivery I think. Came within a few days

I got mine from amazon.fr. it was about 230 + 40e delivery I think. Came within a few days

Unfortunately both Amazon France & Germany both sold out. Hopefully someone gets these in back in stock soon, dying to get one of these, especially for the summer. But thanks for the heads up 👍

I got the PD from a French online store called Cdiscount for €279.99, €24.99 for delivery. Should be here before the 24th. Made up over it 😁 What kegs do people recommend?

redmond08 wrote: »
    I got the PD from a French online store called Cdiscount for €279.99, €24.99 for delivery. Should be here before the 24th. Made up over it 😠What kegs do people recommend?

What do you normally drink?
    Lowenbrau is a good one to have in stock, Clwb tropica is a fruity IPA, my favourite on the PD by far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Poorside wrote: »
    Try Mrbeermachine, I've heard good reports about the quality of the stuff they sell.

Just ordered the perfect draft HD3620 machine off these guys, €281 plus €16 shipping.

Advertisement