Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mullets.

• 14-11-2018 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭

From the beard thread :
    Ipso wrote: »
    Weren’t mullets cool one time?

one time?!

I had a glorious mullet as a teen.

but mullets are all back now....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Overrated, like salmon and monkfish. For my money, the king of the sea is a toss-up between hake and sea trout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

youre about 7 years too late, they are not back

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Nah, it's "Meet me at McDonald's" haircut on the young lads nowadays.

The mullet was famously 'office at the front, party at the back'. The MMAMD is sort of a reverse mullet.

Like us who come of age in the 80's, in the 2040's these lads are gonna cringe at their old photos, forever immortalised on social media.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Why is it called "Meet me at McDonalds" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

i just googled that and its not that bad, that was fashionable in the early 90's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Why is it called "Meet me at McDonalds" ?

No-one seems to be quite sure. The current working theory is that youngfellas with that hairstyle are likely to say that very thing, and to hang around at McDonalds. Personally I'd have called it the "Spandau Ballet", but I'm old. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

'if you ask me the mullet never went out of fashion'. It's always been there ... you've just got to be a true believer
    So true

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Business in the front, party in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cripplefight

they are still exist in less fashionable areas of of Ireland, like Co. Cork and most places that arent in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

they are still exist in less fashionable areas of of Ireland, like Co. Cork and most places that arent in Dublin.

The Northside of Dublin gave the mullet to the world.

Own it. Don't be ashamed of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

80s fashion disaster, in my opinon.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I had a great mullet back in the day.

Advertisement