Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alex the kidd question?

Options
  • 18-05-2011 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

how many alex the kidd games were there?

i only had the one,alex kidd in miracle world,got it out today and cleared it in 75 mins

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

The wikipedia and HG101 articles gives some good information.
    I was never a big fan to be honest although I'm told that some of them were pretty good.

LoGiE

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭paperwork

The only proper one is Alex Kidd in Miracle World on the Mastersystem... the others were made by different developers or are other games that were released under the Alex Kidd IP... The only other one worth getting is the Lost Stars, but just because its a trippy retro delight to watch... the game itself isn't that fun.

My mam has had a mastersystem with Alex Kidd on it almost as long as she's had me. I downloaded the game on the VC recently, after you fight the final boss, there is a little code you have to enter by standing on blocks. I was stuck until I mentioned it to my mam, she remembered the code perfectly. Bloody woman cant remember my first words, but she can remember which blocks to stand on at the end of a Mastersystem game from 1986!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

LoGiE wrote: »
    I was never a big fan to be honest

:eek::eek: Blasphemy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Tallon wrote: »
    :eek::eek: Blasphemy

NES + Super Mario Bros = alex who? ;)

Edit: Forgot mention that Wonderboy was also better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gertechhaha

paperwork wrote: »
    The only proper one is Alex Kidd in Miracle World on the Mastersystem... the others were made by different developers or are other games that were released under the Alex Kidd IP... The only other one worth getting is the Lost Stars, but just because its a trippy retro delight to watch... the game itself isn't that fun.

My mam has had a mastersystem with Alex Kidd on it almost as long as she's had me. I downloaded the game on the VC recently, after you fight the final boss, there is a little code you have to enter by standing on blocks. I was stuck until I mentioned it to my mam, she remembered the code perfectly. Bloody woman cant remember my first words, but she can remember which blocks to stand on at the end of a Mastersystem game from 1986!

when i got my master system out yesterday,i found an old page in the bag with it, with how to beat the jankens written on it and all the codes for the end,my parents said they used to use that page in the 90s when i was in bed and they were up playing the sega haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

how many alex the kidd games were there?

i only had the one,alex kidd in miracle world,got it out today and cleared it in 75 mins

I spent many hours playing Alex the kidd on the Segamaster system and finished it twice. I eventually sold it all to my neighbour :D

I only remember the one game available but it was a lonnnng time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gertechhaha

LoGiE wrote: »
    NES + Super Mario Bros = alex who? ;)

Edit: Forgot mention that Wonderboy was also better :)

wonderboy and mario were great,but you cant forget sonic either,i always thought sonic and mario should have teamed up,but one was sega and the other nintendo so was never guna happen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Never really 'got' Alex Kidd, but then I assume it's the same for everyone who got stuck with the same few games for years as a kid, I just didn't get stuck with Alex Kidd. So ye should all have a go of Rival Turf on the Snes to see what I mean; threw it on for a laugh and to reminisce a while back, an hour later I was like 'Fcuk yea!!'

Advertisement