Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walrus - here we go again

Options
  • 07-04-2020 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭

What is Walrus?

Walrus is a game where you select music and other people judge your choices. Walrus has a host who selects all the categories and then people submit songs and the host judges all the songs in each category. This Walrus will be judged by Green&Red

Why are I doing this?
    I really enjoyed the first one and got a lot out of it, also realised I made some mistakes in how I set it up, so here's R2

What sort of music am I into?
    A bit of everything but indie/rock would have been my go to for years, think U2 are brilliant across decades, loved Oasis, Supergrass, Embrace. After college would have moved towards more folkie stuff, used to love going to the ruby sessions above Doyles, seeing the likes of Declan O'Rourke, Rosey, Paddy Casey with 50 other people. Have moved more towards country in recent years, not real diddly but stuff like Kacey Musgraves, Jon Pardi, Luke Bryan

So the categories and some examples:

1. The best U2 song - simple enough really

2. A song with a story in it - copied straight from Molly's walrus, thought it was a great category

3. Country/folk song - had this in the last one and it was my favourite category. I will be VERY lenient on what is categorised as folk

4. Best song for a sunny day - again straight forward enough, upbeat

5. Best Indie song - again wide enough interpretation of indie

So I'll be limiting this to 10 entries, close it when I hit that and run it off shortly after. Spotify is my go to so better for yourself if the song is there. Long songs will not go down well but songs I haven't heard before will (apart from 1 & 5)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Best U2 song.

Have they had a good song ?

:pac:

Though seriously, with regard to that category. Is it that you are not familiar with U2 and you want an example of something that we think would be a great introduction for someone to U2 or are you a massive fanboy of U2 and you just want to see what we think of them or is it somewhere in between ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Green&Red wrote: »

What sort of music am I into?
    A bit of everything but indie/rock would have been my go to for years, think U2 are brilliant across decades, loved Oasis, Supergrass, Embrace. After college would have moved towards more folkie stuff, used to love going to the ruby sessions above Doyles, seeing the likes of Declan O'Rourke, Rosey, Paddy Casey with 50 other people. Have moved more towards country in recent years, not real diddly but stuff like Kacey Musgraves, Jon Pardi, Luke Bryan

Love them

Sorry, I completely missed that :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I might give this a go, but I don't use Spotify. YouTube links OK instead?

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    I might give this a go, but I don't use Spotify. YouTube links OK instead?

No problem, I'll get back to you if any of them aren't on spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Will throw in an entry for this later tonight at some point.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Think it was EN's walrus that had the story song

Just wanted to check, in the indie category is indie rock/alternative rock good yeah?

Not so sure I should enter after my poor performance last time but sure why not :D

Ya Osh, very loose

Grand will get an entry in now. Nice and quick, like ripping off a plaster.

• Advertisement

Entry in there.

The U2 category seems a bit strange have to say, as you're not gonna hear anything new.

Also I don't like them that much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Just send mine too - thank you for organising this Green&Red!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Entries submitted.

Six in already!

Ok sure, I'll throw my hat into the ring.

Submitted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Submitted, sure I might as well :D

Can a mod close this, thanks

I might look at the reveal this week

Reveal thread for this mini-walrus is up and running

• Advertisement
Advertisement