Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

16-10-2016, 18:24   #1
ygolometsipe

Brexit predictions

Wouldn't it be hallarious if the UK leaves the EU only to accept free movement as part of any new trade deals with non-eu countries

I mean why not they would have the UK in
a great position to demand it.

Edit: sorry "hallarious" was rude, I meant more ironic (not trying to be a dick)

Last edited by ygolometsipe; 16-10-2016 at 19:02. Reason: Added a note
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-10-2016, 18:45   #2

I just hope the UK comes out of this whole saga in one piece, with a strong economy and a healthy trade agreement with the EU, & the rest of the world. Any 'free movement' will have to be tightened up to keep the Brexiteers sweet, everybody could have done without Ms Sturgeon poking the PM with a stick, but hopefully all Ms Sturgeon's bluff & bluster will fade away (or backfire) in the form of a 2nd Scottish indy ref being defeated again
(2) thanks from:
16-10-2016, 19:06   #3
ygolometsipe

I don't know if you have seen question time last week but Amol Rajan made a very good point. He said Scotland would break away eventually and the the UK needs to just accept that. It was only his views but the shock for me was it went totally uncontested even with a daily mail writer on the panel. The mood toward the union seems to be changing I think.
Thanks from:
16-10-2016, 19:38   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygolometsipe View Post
I don't know if you have seen question time last week but Amol Rajan made a very good point. He said Scotland would break away eventually and the the UK needs to just accept that. It was only his views but the shock for me was it went totally uncontested even with a daily mail writer on the panel. The mood toward the union seems to be changing I think.
Yes I did see it, but that's his opinion which is of course perfectly valid, but I also hear constant talk about the majority of Scottish people not wanting to leave the UK, so while we hear all these opinions, claims, and counter claims, its very hard to see what the future holds.

I certainly think the UK as she currently stands is on a knife edge, and if she breaks, then Scotland & England will be all the poorer for it (specially Scotland) which doesn't have London & the South east as an engine room to drive a fledgling economy forward, but if Scotland votes for independence then so be it. ... and then they have to get back into the EU with the blessing of Spain!
16-10-2016, 20:01   #5

UK leaves the EU...the EU crumbles within the next 5 years
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-10-2016, 20:23   #6
Iwasfrozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by the evasion_kid View Post
5 years? No. But if it crumbles within the next twenty years the UK will be in a very strong position.
16-10-2016, 20:34   #7
ygolometsipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasfrozen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the evasion_kid View Post
5 years? No. But if it crumbles within the next twenty years the UK will be in a very strong position.
Well I don't want to come across as a "remoner" but I really think brexit is economically a bad idea. I think the UK can make enough trade deals in the next 20 years to equal the single market but I think the EU will move at a faster pace. After the USA election syria will end within 18 months and the immigration issues can be solved logically. The EU I think will get stronger. I can see it becoming a strong federation which I think is good.
16-10-2016, 20:58   #8
Iwasfrozen

Quote:
Well I don't want to come across as a "remoner" but I really think brexit is economically a bad idea. I think the UK can make enough trade deals in the next 20 years to equal the single market but I think the EU will move at a faster pace. After the USA election syria will end within 18 months and the immigration issues can be solved logically. The EU I think will get stronger. I can see it becoming a strong federation which I think is good.
Yeah I think Brexit is a bad idea too but the point I'm making is if the EU falls within the next twenty years, and I don't think it will, they the UK will be in a very strong position as they will already be outside the EU.
16-10-2016, 21:13   #9
ygolometsipe

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I think Brexit is a bad idea too but the point I'm making is if the EU falls within the next twenty years, and I don't think it will, they the UK will be in a very strong position as they will already be outside the EU.
That's a good point, maybe the Tories have knowledge to indicate this will happen or even more sinister maybe they can
make it happen and so put themselves in a great position. Its possible tho.
Advertisement
16-10-2016, 21:19   #10

Quote:
Theres some pretty large cracks appearing...that nutcase down in Germany isn't helping matters
17-10-2016, 13:19   #11

Here's one. Everything will go fine for the uk and in ten years time we'll be moaning that we didn't bail out as well.
17-10-2016, 15:27   #12
mikep

Mary Mitchell O'Connor will lead a trade mission to all the other EU members with all the SME's and food producers who rely on the UK market and everything will work out fine...
Thanks from:
17-10-2016, 15:29   #13
keeponhurling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satriale View Post
Here's one. Everything will go fine for the uk and in ten years time we'll be moaning that we didn't bail out as well.
Agree, a lot of fuss over nothing.
Probably the most over-hyped event since Y2K
(3) thanks from:
17-10-2016, 23:27   #14
MPFGLB

Ireland better pray UK survives strong from Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...looming-crisis

I wrote this the morning of the Brexit results and my comments were ridiculed by some on here who knew it all or were very anti EU or anti UK . take your pick ...maybe they were people who lacked foresight or insight or both...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...&postcount=187

Seems most in UK would reverse Brexit if they could

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7365561.html
19-10-2016, 07:43   #15
Peregrinus

Quote:
If there's still a UK in twenty years, of course.
Forum Closed