Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powakaddy Problems (Freeway 2 model)

• 24-05-2010 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Sometimes during a round, when I turn the knob to power up, the axle rotates but the wheels do not engage to power the the trolley forward. When power eventually goes to wheels sometimes only one wheel gets power making the trolley difficult to control. Has anyone encountered this problem? Could it simply be the clutches that need replacement or is there something more serious wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭stebed

Not sure about your fault but if you are based around Dublin take it to Caddycare in Shankhill, they recently repaired my Freeway 2, they are authorised Powakaddy repairers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

seco wrote: »
    Sometimes during a round, when I turn the knob to power up, the axle rotates but the wheels do not engage to power the the trolley forward. When power eventually goes to wheels sometimes only one wheel gets power making the trolley difficult to control. Has anyone encountered this problem? Could it simply be the clutches that need replacement or is there something more serious wrong.
    One of your clutches is gone. You can purchase these online for approx €25.0 and fit them in 10 mins. I think the site I purchased from was www.golftrolleyspares.co.Uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

yep I reckon thats the prob....

Powakaddy repair guy at Portmarnock DR range (old one) at the trotting track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

thegen wrote: »
    One of your clutches is gone. You can purchase these online for approx €25.0 and fit them in 10 mins. I think the site I purchased from was www.golftrolleyspares.co.Uk
    Yeah that's it I had the same problem, GolfMotion here in Waterford fixed it in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seco

Thanks everyone for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭seco

Thanks Woodgate. Can you give me some quick advice as to how to remove the clutches or will there be some graphics/notes with the news ones when bought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Clutches are held in with a split pin. You will need a hammer and a screwdriver that is smaller in diameter to the split pin, simply tap out split pin and remove clutch, make sure you fit correct clutch to correct side. Clutches are sold in right and left pairing. When clutch aligned tap split pin back in.

Advertisement