Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMW PGA Championship & HP Byron Nelson

Options
  • 18-05-2010 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

As usual :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

I'm thinking Chris Wood e/w at 50/1. Back of the net, to mix my metaphores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

this is a toughy,backed Kevin Streelman last year in this,he shat his jocks in the last round after leading (i think)going into it
    I'm givin him another chance,a couple of missed cuts but that's ok,had a few weeks off,main reason he struggles is his bad Par 5 performance,this par 70 track should help him(although i know there is 1 par 4 of 520 odd yards)hope it's downhill for Kev's sake
    €5 e/w PaddyP @100/1

Els to win @14/1 and RJ Derksen @125/1 e/w might scrape into a place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Ginny007

Good odds on Rory at 15/1 and Lee westwood 14/1 worth a bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Went for Scott Verplank @ 40's in the Byron Nelson.

As for Wentworth, haven't decided yet, but leaning towards Paul Casey for interest mainly. Might see how the first day or two plays out and get in somewhere else

• Advertisement

Ginny007 wrote: »
    Good odds on Rory at 15/1 and Lee westwood 14/1 worth a bet

where did you get 14/1 on Westy

In the U.S already backed Kevin Streelman
    Added Ben Crane to that,he has the game for this course and his confidence level has never been higher

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Els & O'Hair E/W double @ 22/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Aidric wrote: »
    Els & O'Hair E/W double @ 22/1.

O'Hair is 22/1 on his own?

E/W

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

jaidee e/w @ 66/1 for me (6 places with paddy)

E/W

Doesnt clear it up.

Either way, I did an O'Hair and Westwood e/w double, then Westwood to win, and also Casey and Mannassero each way. All small bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I went Casey 16's and Harrington @ 22's. The latter has started well, here's hoping he stays in contention

Already had Verplank @ 40's for the Bryon Nelson

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Doesnt clear it up.
    Apologies, place only double, not e/w.

Apologies, place only double, not e/w.
    Good bet. You'll be sick as a dog if they both win though!

Harrington with his traditional final stretch fold. A treble at the par five 17th ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Ross Fisher had 9 birdies :eek: in his 4 under 67.

I notice Els had a bogey 6 at 18 :) hope he didn't find his new ditch ;)

As for Harrington, nothing surprises me. He mmust have gone out of bounds down the left with his tee shot. Even still it's bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Nick Dougherty going well, managed to get him at 150/1 after the first hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Ginny007

Harrington with his traditional final stretch fold. A treble at the par five 17th ffs.

Makes him look more human and at least i can feel better about my next blowout on the course.

Willett had 9 birdies also, seems lots of opportunites out there.

• Advertisement

what's the cut, is it everyone within 10 shots of the leader ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    what's the cut, is it everyone within 10 shots of the leader ?

Top 65 and ties.

ah crap, that's my selection gone then at +2 & Tied 74th

Good start by Harrington, -2 through eight. Hopefully Willett will come back to the field in his back nine and tighten things up.
    Looks like a couple of big names missing the cut if it stays at +1 which it probably will; Westwood, Thaidee, Stenson, Karlsson, Poulter, Lowry (:P).

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Lowry finished with a birdie to get back inside the cut, after a 7 at the 17th that showed great nerve. Deserves his place at the weekend to be fair after that.

Good start by Harrington, -2 through eight. Hopefully Willett will come back to the field in his back nine and tighten things up.
    Looks like a couple of big names missing the cut if it stays at +1 which it probably will; Westwood, Thaidee, Stenson, Karlsson, Poulter, Lowry (:P).

the cut might (hopefully get to + 2), a few mins ago the +2 crowd were T65, back to Tied 67th now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Harrington finishes rd2 -4 two off the lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Yeah Harrington looking very good. If it wasn't for that 17th he'd be leading now. He looked composed today and didn't need to do as much scrambling as yesterday. He's the best player up there at the moment and I think he can take it home from here. He really does love the tricky courses, those events where you know that nobody is going to run away with it. He just hangs in there and hopefully this weekend he'll make less mistakes than anyone else.

On a side note, but not too much to the side, I've gotten on Harrington's back before about his ability to throw tournaments away on the last day but I would love to see him win this week. The way he was teaching the down syndrome kids a few things and also how he didn't complain or bitch about the course like a few others did (spoilt brat casey in particular)

he didn't complain or bitch about the course like a few others did (spoilt brat casey in particular)

Westwood had a go as well.
    ‘I used to love the fact that you could stand on the 12th tee on the old Wentworth four behind and you still thought you had a chance, but not now,’ he said. ‘Now the 12th has been changed from a par five to a par four. You’ve got the 16th hole, where the green is such that the tournament director will struggle to find four pin positions this week that are fair.
    You’ve got the par-five 17th where the run-off to the right of the green is simply too severe. Then you’ve got the 18th, where the green is too small and at a wrong angle. ‘I was playing with Oli Wilson who went for it, hit a career second shot, and still didn’t stay on the green. You could tell by the reaction of the crowd that hardly anyone had gone for it all day. They were so excited to see someone take it on.’

Round of the day from Harrington has him right in the mix, good to see. I thought the cut mark would have stayed at +1 earlier today but the greens really dried out as the afternoon went on. It will be a difficult weekend for all who made the cut. -10 Could win it.

• Advertisement

Wow Westwood is some moaner, career shot indeed :rolleyes:

Cut went out to +3 in the end.

Advertisement