Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

foregolf

• 30-04-2010 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Ok i have searched on the forum about foregolf. I have a booking with them in two weeks time for an hour. My question is for everybody out there who has been custom fitted have they found any difference in there game and scores.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,634 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

HI. Got a custom fit done in McGuirks about a month ago (MX-200s) and have been shootin pretty well (last 4 rounds were 34, 39, 35 points and a net 72 for handicap in monthly medal) The irons are workin very well, if my putting was workin as well would have had some great scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭irishtoffee

brians947 wrote: »
    Ok i have searched on the forum about foregolf. I have a booking with them in two weeks time for an hour. My question is for everybody out there who has been custom fitted have they found any difference in there game and scores.

Going in 3 weeks.Let me know how it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brians947

So went out this morning to foregolf. Great setup. Regarding getting fitted im sorry i didn't do it when i first started golfing. After 3 balls my six iron was changed to a different one. Starting to hit the ball better. After 3 or 4 clubs im hitting the ball great and straight and high in the air. Distance is hard to say as i find range balls are mis-leading. By the end of the session im full of confidence and just want to keep hitting the ball. Driver going straight and swing feeling so smooth as im no longer thinking of what i might be doing wrong. Feels so natural. AT the end of the day your giving a number of choices regarding clubs and if they can use the old clubs your priced on that, They dont push any new clubs on you. For instance my 56 and 48 wedges just needed a little change made to them that was 20 euro each but the difference on hitting them was huge. All my existing clubs can be changed as most just need new shafts as he felt the heads were perfect. Now he also prices for new clubs if thats how you want to do it. Only new club that i need was the Driver which off coarse was the most expensive. Cobra S2. If any body is thinking of changing clubs go here to get fitted you wont regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Fore Iron

That's great Brian!

Can I ask what the quoted prices were like for you for your own clubs and new ones too?

I really wanting to go to Foregolf but the prices I've been quoted are making me second guess a bit. I know they're great and everything but so are some other places too..........

Been quoted about 890 euro including fitting for MP-52's (495 in McGuirks) and 470 euro for new shafts for my own clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

Brian, just wondering if they would give you a list of recommended specs that would allow you to shop around elsewhere or buy 2nd hand?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Linksman

Fore Iron wrote: »
    That's great Brian!

Can I ask what the quoted prices were like for you for your own clubs and new ones too?

I really wanting to go to Foregolf but the prices I've been quoted are making me second guess a bit. I know they're great and everything but so are some other places too..........

Been quoted about 890 euro including fitting for MP-52's (495 in McGuirks) and 470 euro for new shafts for my own clubs.

I got fitted in McGuirks Blanch for the MP-52's last summer and cannot say enough good things about these irons. No charge for the fitting when I ordered the irons with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Hmm ... got fitted in March at foregolf and had my first par round (gross) in competition three weeks later. Probably completely coincidental. But them are the facts.

Linksman wrote: »
    I got fitted in McGuirks Blanch for the MP-52's last summer and cannot say enough good things about these irons. No charge for the fitting when I ordered the irons with them.

Yeah, almost every review I've read raves about them. I play forged irons now and can not ever see me playing anything else. The MP-52's look gorgeous and seem to have plenty of forgiveness - relatively speaking of course - for a forged muscle back.

Can I ask what handicap you play off?

For my own clubs it is 45 euro a club for shaft and grip. 4 to 9 will be changed. For a new set was 540 for Mizuno MX 200 or 465 for cleveland CG Red. About the same price in Mcguirks but not with the custom fitting you get here. Mw Wedges need to extend and re-balance for 20 each. They seem fair in the price and you really go through everything in the bag. Its also nice to hit these clubs on a driving range. Must of hit 3 buckets of ball. With driver he started with mine then slowly changes and before you know your hitting the ball straight and long but without having to adjust your swing. I was a little doubtful when going but after been i cant wait to get clubs back and play in the medal next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭MasterKZG

Custom fitted to me sound like a good deal but i do still belive it's all in the head when you are swinging the club on the golf course.:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

MasterKZG wrote: »
    Custom fitted to me sound like a good deal but i do still belive it's all in the head when you are swinging the club on the golf course.:):)

Are you not contradicting yourself there?

that was my problem. It was all in the head. If i didn't get good contact then i would be thinking do i need to move the ball back a little or forward a little. Maybe come in a little shallower or steeper. That was all removed from me yesterday as i just put the ball in the centre and hit clubs with my natural swing. A swing that feels comfortable. If it was all in the head then why do the pros all get fitted to the point were they get the shafts pured. My shaft on my driver has changed from a regular 65g to a stiff 55g. The difference is huge. To be able to stand over a ball and know your swing is ok and just hit the ball takes alot of thinking out of the game and lets you relax more.

brians947 wrote: »
    For my own clubs it is 45 euro a club for shaft and grip. 4 to 9 will be changed. For a new set was 540 for Mizuno MX 200 or 465 for cleveland CG Red. About the same price in Mcguirks but not with the custom fitting you get here. Mw Wedges need to extend and re-balance for 20 each. They seem fair in the price and you really go through everything in the bag. Its also nice to hit these clubs on a driving range. Must of hit 3 buckets of ball. With driver he started with mine then slowly changes and before you know your hitting the ball straight and long but without having to adjust your swing. I was a little doubtful when going but after been i cant wait to get clubs back and play in the medal next week.

What turnaround time did they give you for your clubs then?

Shame that they are within 30 or 40 euro of the price elsewhere for the MX-200's and 350 euro out for the MP-52...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 larooney

Would definitely recommend fore golf. I've been going to them for the past 10 years or so. Have got three sets fitted by Derek and they've made a huge difference. Recently got mp-68's and they are an incredible club. They never try and push anything on you and always look after their returning customers.

my existing clubs were left in yesterday and he said i would have them back by next week as monthly medal is on. For a new club can take longer about 2 weeks he said depends on getting the parts in. I would say the prices will vary as it depends on what you need. My friend got fitted today aswell and he needs new shafts aswell and it was 45 euro a club to do his existing set. Your price of 470 seems steep as mine come in at 270 for 4 iron to 9. No wedge as i have wedges which dont belong to set which only need to be extended and re-balanced for 20 euro each. I would email them again about the prices as they seem to be in around what the shops charge.

I was told 45 euro a shaft, 60 euro to adjust loft and lie and 50 euro for fitting to make 470 overall. Otherwise MP-52 were 105 euro per club plus 50 euro fitting.

Boo Hoo! :(

But who is to say you need all that done. This is the thing you just dont know. Could it be the 60 euro is for loft lie and shaft. While shaft by itself is 45. A fella in work got a new set of burner irons which needed an inch of shafts and i think a lie change. He bought a new set of him rather than get his own changed. They cost him 570 which in Mcguirks is 530. I got the hours fitting for 100 and i'm sorry i didn't do it years ago. My playing partner in my club got done yearterday. He plays of 9 and couldn't beleive the difference it made. He needs all new shafts put on his clubs. He said it himself that hes being playing with the wrong shafts for the last four years. Hes just been tinkering with his swing trying to get things right when it was the shaft all along. The mp52's might not even suit your swing. I loved the look of the burners and the reviews they got but didn't work for me. Was told Mizuno or cleveland.

Brian, you're completely right of course. There is even a chance that I could be told my current clubs are fine and don't need to changed, as unlikely as that is.

I have been custom fitted in the past and the difference at that stage was quite incredible, compared to what you can expect from off the shelf clubs. Since my swing has chanegd over the past few years, I expect I'll see another, if not quite so dramatic, change.

I don't mean to say that Foregolf are anything other than what everyone else says they are - fantastic at what they do. I'm, just surprised at some of the pricing, specifically really that custom fitting charges are extra, even if you go ahead and buy a grand worth of clubs from them. At the end of the day, even McGuirks or Halpenny or whoever could end up charging you heaps more if you require a particulary expensive shaft or whatever so perhaps a direct comparison in prices isn't fair.

But, my budget is my guide unfortunately and I can't spend the kind of money that Foregolf will involve. I feel I have a basic yet reasonable understanding of what will work well for me, and for the better price I'll have to put up with risking ending up with 80% or 90% of what I need. And just because you go elsewhere, there is still every chance you will be fitted perfectly. Foregolf are the best in the world, but that doesn't mean everyone else is tied for last place!

The cheapest option would be new shafts on my existing clubs. Only problem is, I play I would say about 100 rounds a year (Yep! Really!) and my clubs after 3 years are showing all the signs that that kind of use brings. 500 euro for new shafts on old worn grooves and scratched faces doesn't doesn't sound like the best thing to do.

Advertisement