Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Cup Day 12 - Ireland v U.A.E

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Even if we don't best the West Indian RR, we still may beat Pakistans. They are in bad shape too. I'd say we have a far stronger chance of taking their place and the bookies seem to agree.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The problem I see, and it also applies to the Windies against India, is the "big" teams are always capable of winning a one-off against anyone. The best chance for an associate to beat them is to catch them on an off-day, or a day when they have perhaps not taken their opponenets seriously enough. With it being the last match in the group stages I was hoping Pakistan would already have qualified and perhaps taken their eye off the ball against Ireland. However there's every chance now that they may well need to beat Ireland to go through. Likewise the Windies may feel forced to "up their game" against India

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I not sure anyone's game can be sufficiently upped against that Indian team, they are playing like champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

DeVore wrote: »
    I not sure anyone's game can be sufficiently upped against that Indian team, they are playing like champions.

They have looked good alright but one has to wonder how they will fare should they come up against Australia in the knock outs, they were absolutely useless against Australia over the winter

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I guess you would expect that to be the final...

Funny thing now is, Ireland will be the underdogs for many of these matches against big opposition but because of their history to date, the expectation is almost that they will produce an upset! :)

• Advertisement

I guess you would expect that to be the final...

Depends on how the draw goes once the groups complete. Definitely wouldn't rule out NZ or SA

I would have thought they would do some sort of Group A 1st vs Group B 4th? No?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Yeah you're right

I would have thought they would do some sort of Group A 1st vs Group B 4th? No?

Yep. Draw probly not the right phrase, but how the QF and SF work out after the groups finish

Advertisement