Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aces High! (Peehs with a difference).

Options
  • 05-04-2020 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

I'd like to introduce a modified version of PEEHS called Aces High. I may have invented it, and if I did, let it be known that I did so solely because it wouldn't take me long to add up the scores.:pac:

The rules are simple.

25 questions and your job is to give an ace for every question.

An ace is a correct answer which no one else gives. Only aces score, so if you don't give an ace-if one other person gives the same answer or 25 people give the same answer-you score nothing. That's right-ZERO. :P

The questions are chosen so there's plenty of opportunity to ace, but no unlimited opportunity.

Remember only aces count (except in the event of tied leaders at the end, but we'll cross that bridge if we get to it).

Since the questions are hard and varied, Google is allowed.

PM me your answers. DO NOT post answers in thread.

NAME:

1. One of the 13 novels in the Lemony Snicket A Series Of Unfortunate Events series.
    2. One of the 18 opponents who were unable to defeat The Undertaker in a match during 'The Streak' at Wrestlemania.
    3. One of the 20 football clubs in the English Premier League season 2019-20.
    4. One of the 12 signs of the Zodiac (the western 'horoscope' ones, not Chinese animal version).
    5. A play written either fully or partly, and attributed, by general consensus, to William Shakespeare.
    6. One of the 32 Irish county capitals.
    7. One of the 27 James Bond movies.
    8. A Beatles A-side single to reach No. 1 in the UK official charts.
    9. One of the 26 songs to appear on the original release of Pink Floyd's The Wall studio album.
    10. A Wimbledon tennis tournament player, male or female, who played in the singles final from beginning of year 2000 to end of year 2019.
    11. A country to reach the final of the African Cup Of Nations football tournament (current name of country required).
    12. One of the 15 movies Quentin Tarantino has a credit on as writer, story originator and/or director, according to wiki.
    13. One of the 13 Inspector Morse novels written by Colin Dexter.
    14. An Iain Banks novel written under any name (no collections or novellas etc.).
    15. A current US State capital.
    16. A current capital city of a country that is a member of the 27 state European Union.
    17. A character that appears in more than one episode of the first season of The Simpsons, according to wiki.
    18. An English language feature length film directed by Alfred Hitchcock (no silent movies, French language, shorts etc.)
    19. One of the 12 disciples/apostles of Jesus Christ, according to the gospels of Luke & Matthew.
    20. A major Greek or Roman God or Goddess i.e. the 13 gods and goddesses most commonly considered to be one of the 12 Olympians or their Roman equivalent.
    21. An onscreen speaking character who appears in more than 10 episodes of Seinfeld.
    22. A song released by Kurt Cobain's Nirvana as a retail or promo single.
    23. A regular poster on Forum Games and/or Other Forum Games (at least 500 posts in these forums combined-or not combined. Not including Werewolf or D&D).
    24. A letter of the English alphabet.
    25. A studio album by Iron Maiden (no compilations etc.).

Remember:

Google is allowed.

PM me your answers. DO NOT post answers in thread.

If anyone has any smart Alec answers please provide an explanation to let me know where you're coming from. Reveal to take place sometime in the distant future, provided I get enough entries.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Oh yes, in

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sounds interesting, in

This looks good.
    Will do it 2moro :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Reberetta wrote: »
    I'd like to introduce a modified version of PEEHS called Aces High. I may have invented it, and if I did, let it be known that I did so solely because it wouldn't take me long to add up the scores.:pac:

The rules are simple.

You just described the rules of 'P'.
    I'll enter your 'P' game, but you best change the title, as calling it peehs is misleading.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

In

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Just to clarify: one of the twelve disciples/apostles of Jesus according to the Gospel Of Luke/Matthew. Post updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

In too!!

Thank you for organising this Reberetta!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I did it :)

OP updated with some clarifications on Q19, Q23 and Q8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Reberetta wrote: »

The rules are simple.

25 questions and your job is to give an ace for every question.

An ace is a correct answer which no one else gives. Only aces score, so if you don't give an ace-if one other person gives the same answer or 25 people give the same answer-you score nothing. That's right-ZERO. :P]

Think this is just the same as Pointless where you have to give an obscure answer. Have played pointless sheep a few times and it's good fun but unfortunately for you, you didn't invent it :)

I'm in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

It's not quite Pointless, or Peehs.

In those, every answer scores, you just want the lower the better.

This game is all or nothing. Basically the one with the most aces wins. If your answer scores 2 or 200 it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

giphy.gif

12 entrants so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

76fb23ef227263fdd006297d260e0892.gif

Oh yes, in
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Sounds interesting, in
    bubblypop wrote: »
    This looks good.
    Will do it 2moro :)
    dobman88 wrote: »
    Think this is just the same as Pointless where you have to give an obscure answer. Have played pointless sheep a few times and it's good fun but unfortunately for you, you didn't invent it :)

I'm in.

Up to 17 entrants. Still waiting on submissions from you four. Don't miss out on the chance of a lifetime.

I am in.

Don't anyone worry about sending answers unnumbered. Leave the numbers in if it makes it easier to keep track.

When are you closing up?

No date yet.

Great.
    Mine will be in 2moro, for sure :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Reberetta wrote:
    Up to 17 entrants. Still waiting on submissions from you four. Don't miss out on the chance of a lifetime.

Will catch up on all outstanding entries on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I'll have a think and send soon.

Up to 21 entrants.

Necro
    sKeith
    sullivlo
    Sawduck
    Gru