Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What pub to watch the <any sport> match in?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

donfers wrote: »
    I really want to see this game, but it's not being shown on the usual channels like sky/setanta ireland/espn.

I know both Dublin and Limerick have certain pubs that will show games using a satellite feed from channels like setanta usa or whatever so please please please please please tell me this game will be shown somewhere in galway city on Sunday.

Feel free to move this thread if necessary mods but I feel this is more of a Galway issue than a general pub/football issue.

Also I don't want to watch the game on a poxy internet stream so please oh pub landlords of galway grant me what see is a basic human right, that is to watch Liverpool play each week

Did you get to see the game in the end??
    I ended up watching it on the net but the bloody stream kept freezing!!:mad:
    Even madder that city didn't come away with the 3 points

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Liverpool's games against Man City and Wolves were both shown on Sky Italia. It might be worth speaking to pub owners and seeing if they have that channel in whatever satellite package they subscribe to. I'm sure it's been said before but keep an eye on here to see what channels games are broadcast on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I know it's a bit late but was driving back to Galway yesterday and they had the match on Newstalk. Might be handy for again if there's no proper streams available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

s_carnage wrote: »
    I know it's a bit late but was driving back to Galway yesterday and they had the match on Newstalk. Might be handy for again if there's no proper streams available.

That's what I ended up doing, listening to it on Newstalk. Was quite sufficient :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Where's the best spot for Celtic games and is there anywhere that will have them on instead of epl?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Recommendations for tomorrow morning, Celtic v Rangers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

There is a Celtic supporters club in Galway who watch games together. Previously they have watched them in Richardsons, Eyre Square or The Western around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gunnersonny

Anyone know where I can get this match in Galway city?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

I always find it very hard to find anywhere in the city that has a "dodgy Sat" that will show Canal+ etc. They all just stick to setanta, ESPN etc. Ive previously had to drive to Sligo to catch a game like this just cause I know it on up there.
    Someone here before mentioned Foxes if Liverpool arent also playing at the same time. I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭RichCRX

if anyone knows where they are showing Wigan Vs Man City on Monday night let me know please and thanks:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

just about to head into town for Saints/Carlisle in the Johnsons paint trophy final (1.30 ko) not sure where to go seeing that Liverpool are playing @ 4.

any recommendation's? any Saints/Carlisle fans fancy joining me? (unlikely)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rhyno

Are any pubs in Galway showing it??

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

Fagan's pub, underneath the Meyrick hotel in Eyre Square (formerly Great Southern). Just launched their 3D sports lounge this week. First game they're showing is Man U Chelsea this weekend.

Meemars wrote: »
    Fagan's pub, underneath the Meyrick hotel in Eyre Square (formerly Great Southern). Just launched their 3D sports lounge this week. First game they're showing is Man U Chelsea this weekend.

Is Fagans pub any good for watching matches?? There's about 10 of us in Galway for the weekend and it could be good to watch the match in 3D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

rhyno wrote: »
    Is Fagans pub any good for watching matches?? There's about 10 of us in Galway for the weekend and it could be good to watch the match in 3D

I really like it, they give out free finger food. It's usually not overly crowded, although now with the 3D maybe more will give it a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 chels16

Know the Quays are, anymore to the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

chels16 wrote: »
    Know the Quays are, anymore to the list?

Might work
    http://3d.sky.com/pubfinder/Default.aspx#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 chels16

dmcg90 wrote: »

Yeah tried that earlier but it only accepts postcodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Pretty sure it's on in Fagan's

f1dan wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's on in Fagan's

According to their website, they have 3 x 3D TV's in Fagans.

The Quays have one 3D TV

Does anyone know anymore places??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bankstrong

Hi all,

as the title suggests... anyone here know of a Galway pub that's showing the Leeds Vs Bristol Rovers match on Saturday?

I think it's only available on FoxSports Australia, and I'm just wondering will anywhere have it.

Thanks for any help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

Its on viasat football and tv4 as well. I don't know anywhere that has these though!
    http://liveonsat.com/LJsport_foot_english_all.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Chico_2002

Hi Folks

Off to galway for the weekend, whats the best pub to watch the football in, looking for a good lively spot with plenty of Tv's or a big screen

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can check this thread for suggestions for good soccer pubs in general (LoI, Premier).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Fagans would be quite good for some of the earlier games as they have very good HD tvs. Its located under the Meyrick hotel (old great southern) in Eyre Sq. They give out free food at half time also. Probably better heading up town for the last game as I'd imagine it would be better craic in some of the other pubs like kings head, buskers, dail and possibly the quays if they put the match on the big screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

They announced on the radio yesterday that Massimos would have the games on, also having 100 headsets to listen to the matches in the language of the teams playing! cool idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thread title says it all really, any big HD screens and good seating in pubs out that way?

The title didn't mention the sport but I assume you mean soccer.
    Merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This is why I hate all the thread merging and moving that goes on in this forum, after a while its all just a big mess that nobody bothers reading or replying to, same with most of the stickies on boards aswell.

• Advertisement

In this thread there are already some answers to your question and I left a re-direct so that people can see the original question.

Btw, The Oslo and KRCMA both show on big screen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement