Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What pub to watch the rugby match in?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yer man from barr an chaladh woodquay just told me he's showing it. Wouldn' t get out of bed for it myself, YMMV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Free bet from Mulhollands if you have breakfast in Buskers or The Huntsman afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 HisHoliness

Anybody know if any pub in town showing the rugby match in the morning? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

www.finneganpub.com they are open and will be showing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Have you not got a telly or a home ?

I don't have a tv.

Problem?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The Salthouse is open for the game tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Ireland v Wales-6.00am kick off next saturday. does anyone know of anywhere that's opening for this match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

fearruanua wrote: »
    Ireland v Wales-6.00am kick off next saturday. does anyone know of anywhere that's opening for this match?

Fagans had a sign up on Saturday (in the gents) with the televised sports schedule for the next week or so.

On it was a listing for next weeks 6am match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

fearruanua wrote: »

Crowes in Bohermore is open from half five and doing breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

anywhere else for tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Saw an ad somewhere saying The Skeff is going to be open for the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Saw an ad somewhere saying The Skeff is going to be open for the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

We've some friends visiting from France and they are eager to watch the French final between Toulon & Castres tomorrow (Saturday) evening.

I know BT Sports are showing it, but does anyone know a pub that likes to show rugby games?
    Thanks,
    dilallio

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Can't offer any specific advise, but, so long as it's not clashing with a match of more local importance, most of the usual sports pubs will happily put it on if ya ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Garveys might or maybe even O Connells they show most rugby

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Is it same time as Rabo Final? If so its a difficult ask to get it shown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,272 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ireland Italy soccer friendly on at the same time. The two rugby games dont clash.

I'd be surprised if Fanags don't show it or at least put it on some tv if asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I'd be surprised if Fanags don't show it or at least put it on some tv if asked.

Fagans isn't a sports bar anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

Which Galway pub will be the best for the upcoming Ireland - South Africa Rugby match and why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Tig Coilis. Because they don't have a TV.

(You asked.)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

Well that's pretty subjective - everyone on here will have their own preferences. This is probably going to turn into a list of all pubs with a tv in galway.

Depends if you want a big screen or lots of small screens.

I like dew drop as there's plenty of tvs - can be hard to get a seat though

The front door and buskers are also reliable for rugby - they usually show it on 1 tv even if there is a big soccer game on. Also some of their tvs are behind the bar. So if you get a seat at the bar it will be impossible for someone to park in front of you as the place fills up.

The quays and kings head will have it on projectors and have all the crowd in the same area if you prefer that kind of atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

Tig Coilis. Because they don't have a TV.

(You asked.)
    Well that's pretty subjective - everyone on here will have their own preferences. This is probably going to turn into a list of all pubs with a tv in galway.

Or a list of pubs with AND without tv's it would seem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

O'Connells
    Dáil
    Oslo
    Salthouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Another vote for Dew Drop, it gets very crowded though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgkV7hmxgfY

Any pubs with drinks deals on like €0.50 cents off every Irish try etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Any pubs with drinks deals on like €0.50 cents off every Irish try etc?

Massimo sometimes do that kinda promotion. Not sure we'll get too many tries on Sat tho! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Was in Salthill over Paddys weekend, the Oslo Bar had a brilliant atmosphere for the Ireland/France game, big place and packed but open space and a big screen. If you're looking for accommodation there's a small hotel across the road from it owned by an Aussie guy. Nice place, very well priced and the owner is friendly almost to a fault... also directly across the road from the water if you fancy freezing your arse off for a minute or two to get rid of the hangover (while some locals casually swim around for hours on end, not a bother in the world in their ice cold veins!). Really nice little Italian restaurant just a 2 minute walk up the road too, same side of the street as the hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Zzippy wrote: »
    Massimo sometimes do that kinda promotion. Not sure we'll get too many tries on Sat tho! :o
    Don't worry we'll go down 14-0 early and a centre will get injured.

Then the lights will go out.

Then the Ultimate Warriors old WWF music will start playing.

Then Brian O'Driscoll runs out going bananas while Jim Ross somehow takes a spot in commentary shouting "OH MY GAAAWDD!"

Then we win 73-14. You heard it here first forms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Don't bother going Dew Drop unless you can get in early. There's Premier League games beforehand. Good pub though. Had a great spot there for the France game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭TheCoolWay

The Skeff is a popular rugby venue, plenty of screens and room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,272 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The screen in the Oslo is woeful,really wouldnt recommend it for any sporting event. Around Eyre Sq Garveys and An Pucan will be busy. The Dail and Front Door always have tvs on so you wont go wrong there either.

What pubs will be showing the Connacht Bayonne match later tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

What pubs will be showing the Connacht Bayonne match later tonight?

If anywhere is showing the game it will be the Dail. However given the fact that it's only on French tv and Leinster are playing on BT Sports at the same time I'd consider it unlikely.

I also haven't seen anything on the Connacht Clan twitter feed to suggest that they'll be showing it in the Dail.

Cheers, I thought O'Connells might show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Julabo

In general though if the game is on TV, more and more pubs give rugby preference:

The Bunch of Grapes and Lonergans in Salthill always put rugby first. Handy to know if a big soccer game on.

The Dail is also the connacht supporters pub so give preference aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭manna452121

Heading to Galway this weekend,which bar would be the best for watching ruby match on sunday.whats The Dail Bar like?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Heading to Galway this weekend,which bar would be the best for watching ruby match on sunday.whats The Dail Bar like?
    Dail will also have the bonus of showing the Connacht match directly afterwards, it being the official home of the fan club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Robbo wrote: »
    Dail will also have the bonus of showing the Connacht match directly afterwards, it being the official home of the fan club.
    is it? I didn't know that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭serfboard

Robbo wrote: »
    McTigs wrote: »
    is it? I didn't know that
    I didn't know that either - but it's true.

I wouldn't bother with The Dail bar though - while it's a grand spot, given its size, when you get more than about 50 people in there it feels packed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Pucan or Garveys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Monroe's is usually my spot. Plenty tellys and plenty rooms.

What pub in Galway suits a large crowd for this Saturday's 6 nations match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Probably Busker Brownes or the Dail, both on Cross St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Busker Browns, Pucan or Kingshead- all have large projector screens

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement