Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S8 SIM Free - £589.99 Amazon UK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭The lips

Can still be got a lot cheaper from other amazon sites, but if amazon.co.uk is your thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

The lips wrote: »
    Can still be got a lot cheaper from other amazon sites, but if amazon.co.uk is your thing.

Agreed, can be gotten cheaper on Amazon.it but I prefer the UK site myself for quick shipping (Prime).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

It's 559 euro on Amazon.de German amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

519£ now on amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Its 589.99 on amazon, the cheaper prices are marketplace sellers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

BArra wrote: »
    Its 589.99 on amazon, the cheaper prices are marketplace sellers
    Are you sure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

What does it show under 'in stock'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭IsaacWunder

What's the cheapest price from a reputable EU site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

What's the cheapest price from a reputable EU site?

555 euros delivered from Amazon Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

555 euros delivered from Amazon Italy.

Is it worth 550 e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

kala85 wrote: »
    Is it worth 550 e

I suppose that's subjective. If you're a smart-phone/Android enthusiast looking for the cutting edge, many agree it's the best phone out there at the moment. It's about 250 euros cheaper than when it was released. It is very similar to the iPhone X in both design and specs, but 500 euros cheaper.

Of course these days you can get very good feature packed Android phones for less than 200e, like the Moto G5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It is €554.88 including delivery to Ireland on Amazon Germany

and €539.22 delivered to PW/PM/AP Which is roughly €543 delivered in total.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XJ49G5B

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

Suckit wrote: »
    It is €554.88 including delivery to Ireland on Amazon Germany

and €539.22 delivered to PW/PM/AP Which is roughly €543 delivered in total.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XJ49G5B

Would there any issues with returning items if problems arose with it being a german web site

Never purchased outside of .co.uk before

thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

They're all E.U.

for now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Dermondo wrote: »
    Would there any issues with returning items if problems arose with it being a german web site

Never purchased outside of .co.uk before

thanks in advance

It's a bit of a pain.I had to return a phone to Amazon Germany last year which had a screen problem.
    An Post won't accept it due to their policy on batteries. Amazon are good., but I had to ship it via a ground carrier at a cost of around 60 euro. it took a while to get back and Amazon refunded me the shipping cost. They shipped a replacement before i returned the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

CH3OH wrote: »
    It's a bit of a pain.I had to return a phone to Amazon Germany last year which had a screen problem.
    An Post won't accept it due to their policy on batteries. Amazon are good., but I had to ship it via a ground carrier at a cost of around 60 euro. it took a while to get back and Amazon refunded me the shipping cost. They shipped a replacement before i returned the original.

just go to Samsung store in dundrum (if you're based in dublin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

CH3OH wrote: »

I had to return a phone to amazon uk and they had a ROI returns label for An Post Portlaoise, prepaid.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry to drag this up. I'm looking on Amazon.de but it's saying they don't ship to Ireland. How do I go about working around this?:) Thanks

"Augusta Versand" may not ship to Ireland but plenty of other sellers do - including Amazon.de (I have one from there @ €529)

All sellers: https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B06XJ49G5B/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Check CamelCamelCamel to get it at best price: https://de.camelcamelcamel.com/Samsung-Smartphone-Touch-Display-interner-Speicher-midnight-black/product/B06XJ49G5B

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

"Augusta Versand" may not ship to Ireland but plenty of other sellers do - including Amazon.de (I have one from there @ €529)

All sellers: https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B06XJ49G5B/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Check CamelCamelCamel to get it at best price: https://de.camelcamelcamel.com/Samsung-Smartphone-Touch-Display-interner-Speicher-midnight-black/product/B06XJ49G5B

I'm approaching with caution. Across Europe and even Canada to buy it's the RRP. Yet on some Amazon sites it's cheaper and on Adverts it's cheaper again.

I'd be hesitant if it wasn't the real deal or, was different to the Ireland model.

You don't trust stock fulfilled by Amazon Germany? OK then. Who exactly would you consider more trustworthy so?

I've bought this S8 and a Sony Z5 from these guys. Only issue is the European plug on the charger but I just add an adapter (the type you clamp on to make it a single unit).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

Sully wrote: »
    Sorry to drag this up. I'm looking on Amazon.de but it's saying they don't ship to Ireland. How do I go about working around this?:) Thanks

I bought with amazon.fr, just bought it a few days ago so still waiting for it to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

anyone know which seller they used to buy from amazon italy?
    i am looking at Cellularishop, GLOBALPHONE SRLS and NEOPHONIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Brand new ones on adverts.ie cheaper from a proper shop in Dublin, just saying. Wonder if this is rated to the Oneplus 5T release later this month?, I know I'm waiting to buy an S8 or the 5T based on the camera reviews primarily. The lack of headphone jack on other flagships is a total dealbreaker for me.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Brand new ones on adverts.ie cheaper from a proper shop in Dublin, just saying. Wonder if this is rated to the Oneplus 5T release later this month?, I know I'm waiting to buy an S8 or the 5T based on the camera reviews primarily. The lack of headphone jack on other flagships is a total dealbreaker for me.

I will be using Gift Card that i have from Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

4real wrote: »
    anyone know which seller they used to buy from amazon italy?
    i am looking at Cellularishop, GLOBALPHONE SRLS and NEOPHONIA

I used Global phone srls. Phone is perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Any links to the shop on adverts as there's so many for sale there.

Need to pick one up but only offput with the EU one's on amazon is the charger although not a huge issue

You don't trust stock fulfilled by Amazon Germany? OK then. Who exactly would you consider more trustworthy so?

I've bought this S8 and a Sony Z5 from these guys. Only issue is the European plug on the charger but I just add an adapter (the type you clamp on to make it a single unit).

I thought there were just third party sellers but I can see Amazon.de are selling an S8 for 588 so not a third party, my bad!

• Advertisement

5500 wrote: »
    Any links to the shop on adverts as there's so many for sale there.

Need to pick one up but only offput with the EU one's on amazon is the charger although not a huge issue

I bought a bunch of EU -> UK/IRL permanent adapter plugs a while back and clamp them around any EU chargers I end up with. Then there's no twiddling with travel adapters.

Something like these. Note large opening for EU charger - or bigger if can find one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EU-Euro-2-Pin-to-UK-3-Pin-Plug-AC-Universal-Adapter-Travel-Converter-European-/322848653369

The charger that came with the S8 is bigger than just an EU plug you see in the pics. DO NOT get one with a small opening like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-Black-Euro-2-Pin-to-UK-3-Pin-Converter-Plug-Adapter-TRAVEL-ADAPTER-/252596994550

Did the first ebay linked plug do the trick with the Samsung charger for you?

'Twas a tight squeeze in the end but this one closes 99% around the S8 charger :)

http://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/mains-connector-adapters-converters/7839568/

I think mine might actually be this one (http://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/mains-connector-adapters-converters/7839555/) which as far as I can see only differs in the max Amps the plug is rated for and, importantly, mine had a strange screw on it but the 5A one seems to have a normal flat-head screw.

I've a bunch in a drawer for occasions like this.

EDIT: Scratch that. Type G refers to the strange screw I mentioned. Better make sure you have the driver for it or try your luck with eBay ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Anyone aware of the different versions of phones in EU countries? Prices vary from each amazon site, .es, .it, .de & .fr. difference of 100e in some. Only thing I can see different is the version. Was looking briefly today and with Google translate it all wasn't too clear. Some people might know more on this topic. TIA

danwhite88 wrote: »
    Anyone aware of the different versions of phones in EU countries? Prices vary from each amazon site, .es, .it, .de & .fr. difference of 100e in some. Only thing I can see different is the version. Was looking briefly today and with Google translate it all wasn't too clear. Some people might know more on this topic. TIA

there is no difference apart from them being Italian,German,French versions of the phone, they all come with EU warranty so nothing to worry about if there is any issue with the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Anyone got any feedback back on Cellularishop from Italy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Showing as 529GBP plus delivery for me from egadget

5500 wrote: »
    Showing as 529GBP plus delivery for me from egadget

Yeah same here. That didn't last long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

For anyone that's bought one of these through Amazon, has it been well packed? I'm looking to pick one up for the other half but I'd hate to shell out for it to arrive damaged because of poor packaging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

markc1184 wrote: »
    For anyone that's bought one of these through Amazon, has it been well packed? I'm looking to pick one up for the other half but I'd hate to shell out for it to arrive damaged because of poor packaging.

It's Amazon so it will be well packaged or maybe not but most of the time it's well packaged. Either way you can return the item citing damaged box and they'll pay for it and then expedite you a new one.

They're good like that. I had 4 items arrive Monday and 3 of them had little hand written stickers on them saying L4. All completely different items and these labels were hand torn and stuck to it. They sent replacements and when I contacted them back and said I don't want replacements they refunded the items so I've a refund and 2 of each of the items.

Would they do it for an S8, fat chance. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

Received from amazon.fr perfect nick new and unopened in original packaging. took two weeks though!

Has anyone bought from G UK TRADE on amazon.co.uk? New S8 is £505.95.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S8-64GB-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Midnight-Black/dp/B06XYMCMHD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Doodoo wrote:
    Has anyone bought from G UK TRADE on amazon.co.uk? New S8 is £505.95.

Bought from them no issue getting it delivered next day to my parcel wizard.
    Who then proceeded to lose it.

But I would say G UK TRADE are very reliable yes.

I'm holding out to see if it will drop much for Black Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

Sully wrote: »
    I'm holding out to see if it will drop much for Black Friday!

German Mediamarkt lowered priced down to 500e, thats a good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Farango wrote: »
    German Mediamarkt lowered priced down to 500e, thats a good deal

Where? €678 on their website.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

can you insure a phone bought outisde of UK & Ireland these days?
    i know i couldnt get it for an s7 edge and ended up buying Uk model so i could get damage cover

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_samsung-galaxy-s8-64-gb-midnight-black-2246306.html

when you add the phone in basket you get 100e discount

Zwischensumme€ 599,00
    Direktabzug 100€-€ 100,00
    Gesamtsumme€ 499,00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Have many people ordered off German Mediamarkt? Are they ok? I'd get one @ €500.

EDIT: Just went to order it there. How do you get it shipped to Ireland?

EDIT 2: Ordered and used mailboxde.com to forward it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Doodoo wrote: »
    Has anyone bought from G UK TRADE on amazon.co.uk? New S8 is £505.95.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S8-64GB-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Midnight-Black/dp/B06XYMCMHD

Yes I bought an s8 from them 10 days ago via Parcel Motel.
    ordered Friday, had it Tuesday.
    Everything was above board; checked IMEI's etc and everything checked out.

Happy with the purchase

• Advertisement
Advertisement