Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playoffs 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

davyjose wrote: »
    Edit: yeah I see what you mean. I just think Houston need to find someone who can put the team on his shoulders when it counts. They wont win a Super Bowl otherwise

There would be plenty of takers if any of the 3 above we're on the market. Elite or not they are a damn sight better than a lot of the guys starting elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

HigginsJ wrote: »
    There would be plenty of takers if any of the 3 above we're on the market. Elite or not they are a damn sight better than a lot of the guys starting elsewhere.

In fairness he didn't say anything about Romo or Flacco (at least in this thread, may have criticised them earlier in the year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

matthew8 wrote: »
    In fairness he didn't say anything about Romo or Flacco (at least in this thread, may have criticised them earlier in the year).

I said they werent elite before my edit: I misread your post though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Personally I think schaub is good enough to lead them to the Super Bowl. He is not a flacco or romo. He is much more consistent imo,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ahem, Flacco has won playoff games every year he has been in the league

And was a dropped ball away from the Superbowl

Inconsistent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Ahem, Flacco has won playoff games every year he has been in the league

And was a dropped ball away from the Superbowl

Inconsistent?

Well, he is inconsistent. He was very lucky to win some of those playoff games. Plenty of poor games this year too.

cooker3 wrote: »
    Personally I think schaub is good enough to lead them to the Super Bowl. He is not a flacco or romo. He is much more consistent imo,

The guy who hasn't thrown a TD in four games, and one in the last five? And all in the same timespan as 4 INTs?

Edit: 4 Ints.

Flacco has played some good games in play-offs but he also plays Terri-bad at times.
    Look at schaub career and he has been very generally consistent. Yeah, he's had a few bad games but overall a good qb who could be great. I doubt flacco or romo ever will.

(I didn''t mean to turn this to an anti-flacco thing though)

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

I think the Vikings vs Packers game is going to be fascinating.

I saw the Lions at Vikings game last season and Joe Webb had the Lions defence in absolute fits with the way he ran with the ball. He's incredibly quick and elusive. If the Packers stack the box to deal with Peterson it'll give Webb lots of space. Play action could be extremely successful and I think a couple of wildcat plays could prove to be very successful.

Packers best defensive package is the nickel package. They won't get a chance to run that today if the Vikings are close, this will also help the Vikings. This is gonna be either a classic or a blowout. I'm going to put a few euros on Webb and the Vikes for the craic.

Go VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Good or Bad, Webb will be entertaining. Can't wait

Ponder Schmonder!

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Good or Bad, Webb will be entertaining. Can't wait

It's Ironic that he's #14 -- half of 28 :p

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Can't find any market offering Webb first touchdown scorer. Bastards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Peterson clearly still lording it over the Packers D.Webb looks like he won't be able to throw accurately so I fear AD will tire out in the latter stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Peterson clearly still lording it over the Packers D.Webb looks like he won't be able to throw accurately so I fear AD will tire out in the latter stages.

There will be a lot of that short inaccurate passing. But be warned, he can and probably will complete a long bomb at some stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Culinary Academy

A real football powerhouse :cool:

Will the Vikes need any passing yards? The packers will need to put 10 in the box

Wow Joe Webb, what are you doing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Jesus Joe don't do that !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Joe Webb thought he was shooting free throws there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

All Day tire out? No way!

Bizarre play by Webb there, could have been a pick six.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

You know, with their dearth of weapons at WR Webb might be a blessing in disguise. Probably one of very best athletes at QB and he'll open up lanes for AP too against a Packers team that seem to be clueless against the run. They won't have been prepared properly for Webb and that should play in his favour too.

Of course the ability to play that game all depends on the Vikings' defence keeping Rodgers relatively quiet. I wonder.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

First time watching the Vikes,I thought ponder was QB?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    First time watching the Vikes,I thought ponder was QB?

He's injured, Webb plays instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Matthews you legend. :D

Clay Matthews. So good he sacks while on the ground.

Joe Webb, take the sack

He's going to get picked off with that sh!t

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Jesus Webb might get caught out if he keeps throwing the ball out like that when he's sacked

Advertisement