Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SanDisk 16GB Titanium Cruzer U3 USB Flash Drive £20.99

• 13-12-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭

It is from MyMemory including the delivery.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭sk282

They actually have some other 16 GB drives for the same price, I just thought it was something special when I saw it on their main page but still a bargain I guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Good price, solid drive too. Cheers OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

sk282 wrote: »
    They actually have some other 16 GB drives for the same price, I just thought it was something special when I saw it on their main page but still a bargain I guess...

Thats a great bargain in comparsion to Argos :rolleyes:

The other one you seen was the plastic version, while being less durable, comes in black which some people may prefer, personally I'd go for titanium all the way! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Thanks for that sk282, Just ordered 2 for presents.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have a 16GB drive in my pocket, 1 on my keyring and have 1 spare in my laptop bag, but I want to get 1 of these, I think I should walk away from the computer for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Thanks OP, great pressie for tech heads!

Got 4% cashback with bethrifty.ie too:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Crap, Bought the 8gb Titanium a few weeks ago for the same price :(

Excellent drive, not particularay fast but it's really well built. It just feels very solid to hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pilgrimace

anyone know what the speed of this yoke is. lookin for a flash drive about this size, but want something speedy (for the same approx price) if possible. if this fits the bill then happy days :D

pil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

pilgrimace wrote: »
    anyone know what the speed of this yoke is. lookin for a flash drive about this size, but want something speedy (for the same approx price) if possible. if this fits the bill then happy days :D

pil

Performance: 15MB/s read speed & 9MB/s write speed
    I couldn't buy this with the blue led so big !!
    This must be old stock as the new ones have an amber light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blanchards

any custom & excise issue, as they ship from outside EU?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Redisle wrote: »
    Crap, Bought the 8gb Titanium a few weeks ago for the same price :(

Excellent drive, not particularay fast but it's really well built. It just feels very solid to hold.

Same here. I am very happy with mine, and tempted to get this one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

blanchards wrote: »
    any custom & excise issue, as they ship from outside EU?

you will ( potentially ) be liable - jersey origin. That said, most seem to get away with it from reports here.

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    Performance: 15MB/s read speed & 9MB/s write speed
    I couldn't buy this with the blue led so big !!
    This must be old stock as the new ones have an amber light

Mine has the amber light, but from this forum on Sandisk's site, people who have owned both prefer the older model with the blue LED http://communities.sandisk.com/sandisk/board/message?board.id=u3&thread.id=2383

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Morgans

dodzy wrote: »
    you will ( potentially ) be liable - jersey origin. That said, most seem to get away with it from reports here.

Isn't there a minimum value with regard customs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Morgans wrote: »
    Isn't there a minimum value with regard customs?

22 euros AFAICR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

22 euros AFAICR
    correct, but I will also say I have ordered probably 50 times from mymemory at values over that and have never had to pay VAT. Order stuff separately, there is no saving on postage anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Cheers OP just ordered one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Thanks OP.
    Just ordered one as I needed one and seems like good value for a 16GB sturdy memory stick.

The first thing I plan to do when I get it is to remove the U3 software. Had one with same a few years ago and I seem to remember it being very annoying. They might have improved it since but I doubt it. Anyway there seems to be several sites with tips on how to remove the software as its not straightforward. (Course SanDisk want you to keep it on as they are trying to sell you software for it!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd take the cruzer over that any day, even considering the price difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Trevord

CombatCow wrote: »

You won't be sorry when it arrives in the post. The cruzer titanium is an excellent buy at that price. Bought the 4gb version in the US about 2 years ago for about $40, (still working perfectly) and another 4bg version in Argos on special offer for about €12 back in March.

So €22 for 16gb is great value.

Unless you need the security, I'd recommend uninstalling the U3 software it normally comes with (there is uninstaller software on the web)

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks for the thread folks. Was about to check out on the one mentioned on the thread - but decided to double check ebay. Picked up a 16GB stick for £7.50 incl. postage. :) Happy days. (on auction though - not 'buy now')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Mine arrived yesterday. Came up as €23.94 on the credit card. Saw the exact same one in Harvey Norman yesterday for €73.99 :eek:

Thanks again OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Got mine as well, it's fantastic. Only thing is I don't like how there's no easy way to remove it from your keys although some people may like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

Got one of these too, cheers to the OP.

Anyone having any problems with the PC displaying it? It lights up etc, but it doesn't show in my list of drives for some reason I can't fathom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

just ordered one there.....and then i saw the discount code CHEAPXMAS-09 giving 10% off. for the life of me though i cant find how to cancel the order... any help please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

IIMII wrote: »
    Got one of these too, cheers to the OP.

Anyone having any problems with the PC displaying it? It lights up etc, but it doesn't show in my list of drives for some reason I can't fathom

Do you get a U3 disk image(like a cd image ) icon? I seem to remember something like that before I removed their security software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ditto. i've had loads of usb sticks (my first was a 16mb one :)) and most of them will eventually (with heavy use) break or get bent around the usb connector where it's joined to the board, so the retractable usb connector on these is a godsend and the 4gb one i boughtabou 3 years ago is still going, as well as all of the four 2gb ones i got as gifts for people at the same time.

for 22 quid i'm sorely tempted. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Kilteragh

Ordered mine on Sunday. arrived today.

Many thanks to the OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just to add that there is 10% off at MyMemory until the 28th
    code cheapxmas-09
    bringing it down to £18.89

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ShakeAndBake

Just a comment to say thanks to the OP. Ordered 2 last week and got them both on Monday.

Thanks OP and a Merry Christmas to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

It's £26.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Zoink!

Cheers guys. Just bought two of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

amazon.co.uk have 16GB usb sticks for 17.99 - They have bytestor (?) 32GB ones for 43.69 - if its of interest - I think maybe that all these price drops are a general drop rather than bargains - however I could be wrong !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

amazon.co.uk have 16GB usb sticks for 17.99 - They have bytestor (?) 32GB ones for 43.69 - if its of interest - I think maybe that all these price drops are a general drop rather than bargains - however I could be wrong !

It's not all about the capacity though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

ecomac wrote: »
    It's £26.99
    The_Edge wrote: »
    Zoink!

Yeah, I'm getting £26.99 too...

ecomac wrote: »
    It's £26.99
    I got it at the cheaper rice - it went up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Seems to be £17.99 on Amazon, but it's still from My Memory. Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The_Edge wrote: »
    Zoink!

Won't you get stung for vat on the total price for two, this being over the €22 limit?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Are these formatted as FAT32? Looking for one to stick into the PS3 to watch avi's. Don't want to format my ex hd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Are these formatted as FAT32? Looking for one to stick into the PS3 to watch avi's. Don't want to format my ex hd.

You can format the USB to whatever you want in about 5 seconds.

I was about to re-format my new one (bought as above) as fat32 but read on their site that it was pre-formated as fat32. Copied a file there and then to check if it played on my PS3 and it did no bother. Excellent buy, delighted.

I had a problem initially with installing their software which I sorted easily by using part of the info from this link:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Osu wrote: »
    Seems to be £17.99 on Amazon, but it's still from My Memory. Linky

+ shipping, works out about £23.49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone got 2 and doesnt want one?

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Won't you get stung for vat on the total price for two, this being over the €22 limit?:confused:

If I get stung so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 rakmator

The price is now 20.99 GBP.

Cheers for that, just mailed them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

I'd say they probably put it back down to 20.99 since that 10% discount code expired on the 28th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement