Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Extra 40% off clearance store- mymemory

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭jesterhead

Thanks, just picked up a Garmin satnav and sennheiser earphones for less than 95 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just to note that mymemory ship from Jersey so you are liable for VAT over €22 (though usually will not be hit below €45). Their shipping is "free" so there is no advantage to buying things together, make several small orders. I use them all the time and find them very good. They do declare the value on the packet.
    jesterhead wrote: »
    Thanks, just picked up a Garmin satnav and sennheiser earphones for less than 95 euro!
    You might be able to cancel that order and reorder separately (if you did not do it already).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

tried to buy a tripod but at checkougt said was over a weight limit

will only ship if under 950grm

bit of a bummer

rubadub wrote: »
    Just to note that mymemory ship from Jersey so you are liable for VAT over €22 (though usually will not be hit below €45). Their shipping is "free" so there is no advantage to buying things together, make several small orders. I use them all the time and find them very good. They do declare the value on the packet.

You might be able to cancel that order and reorder separately (if you did not do it already).

Ooops! The earphones were only around a fiver though so won't make a huge difference. Pretty annoying if caught for VAT though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

one of the chargers in that sale that is £3.99, I bought it off them for £2.99 when there was no sale on :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

tried to buy a tripod but at checkougt said was over a weight limit

will only ship if under 950grm

bit of a bummer

SNAP! ... tried to buy the same thing... only thing that interested me. Ah well

one of the chargers in that sale that is £3.99, I bought it off them for £2.99 when there was no sale on :pac:
    But there will be 40% off that so it will be £2.40. Only the items in those 6 pages get the 40% off at checkout, some of these already are discounted. I often wonder how it is worth their while processing and order for £2.40 including the postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

grrrrrrrrrrrr just ordered something and forgot to enter the code at the checkout and got charged full whack... anyone know how to cancel an order???

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Balls..

Went to order the Hama 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard + Wireless Laser Mouse for £11.99 and it was too heavy!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I have never been caught for vat on items from Jersey (touch wood!) Have ordered a fair few things around the £50-£100 mark....or are they clamping down now?

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    it was too heavy!
    This is the problem with "free" postage, there is no such thing, no volunteer postmen. It pisses me off since I buy lots of small memory cards and I should really get a discount since they all fit in the same tiny envelope. Then guys trying to get heavier stuff are just told its too heavy. The postage is included in the price and most buyers are probably from the UK. Post from Jersey to the UK is cheaper than to Ireland. So if they were just upfront about the postage charges they could charge you a little more for these heavy items and at least give you the choice of buying or not. But I suppose they want this facade of "free" postage, and you would have people in the rip off forum moaning if they did charge more to here :rolleyes:
    lindtee wrote: »
    I have never been caught for vat on items from Jersey (touch wood!) Have ordered a fair few things around the £50-£100 mark....or are they clamping down now?
    Not sure about Jersey but I have heard of 3 packages from DX stopped in the last month from mates, and none were charged in the end. They brought down the legitimate invoice from DX, some were over the €22 limit but under the €45 gift limit.

But mymemory declare the price outside, also this price outside is cheaper than what you pay, they DO go and split the price, e.g. a £20 item might be listed as £18 outside and inside the printed page will show £18 + £2 handling.

If caught you do pay VAT on item & shipping & handling costs, but customs seem to only set their limits around the goods price (not including shipping & handling), but when stung you pay it on the lot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Balls..

Went to order the Hama 2.4GHz Wireless Keyboard + Wireless Laser Mouse for £11.99 and it was too heavy!

snap

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Some very tempting bargains there, thanks OP. The ipod travel speakers are a great price.

Got emailed by mymemory asking for a scan of a bank statement or something for proof of address, and when they confirmed my address they cancelled the order!-satnav out of stock! Why bother chasing address confirmation if you've nothing to send to the address!

Advertisement