Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV Casual meet - details

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

From a moderator point of view, I think a facebook group could be more trouble than it's worth...

Firstly, keeping it here means all the valuable info is in one space, documented, and referrable for the future.

Second, there's been some issues with people using boards' name on other sites lately which ended up in people getting banned etc. I definitely want to wait til the smokes cleared on that stuff before we even consider the idea of something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Azza's steam group recommendation seems the best way to have a hub other than here. -1 to facebook, I have an account, but rarely use it. It's a mess of a site. It reminds me of the prediction of what TV will look like in the future from the movie Idiocracy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've got more sakura pictures on my facebook. Nobody wants to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, down with facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

anymore news on this meet guys..I'm bringin my new and improved chun!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I'd also vote in favour of a postponement for a week or two.

But will see for which date the demand is there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I'm not too sure if I can head down this weekend myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Leprekaun wrote: »
    I'm not too sure if I can head down this weekend myself.

LIAR!!! We all know you are defecting to the north :p, I demand you travel the 4 hours to Dublin (when I know I wouldn't travel 20 minutes out of Dublin myself, lol :pac:)

Is anyone, on PS3, heading in this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

L31mr0d wrote: »
    LIAR!!! We all know you are defecting to the north :p, I demand you travel the 4 hours to Dublin (when I know I wouldn't travel 20 minutes out of Dublin myself, lol :pac:)

I would if people are going in. Though if it's just you and me then we can just play on PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Delicious overtime work == DEFINITE no-go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

face book event lads, do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Perhaps a fresh thread where people post if they can go this weekend or not. I'd love to head in and play some games but if there are only like 3 people, there isnt much point so I'd like to know the numbers.

L31mr0d wrote: »

Lol! Caught :P. I'm not sure if I can go this Saturday to the north either ;)

I think we should best leave the meet for next weekend rather than this one. There'll be more people and maybe we could make it into a tournament for something different.

Yep, next weekend works for me, I think.

next weekend works for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Blooming heck i'm finally up in Dublin tonigth so I'll tip down there tomorrow to see what the craic is all about!!

Looks like I'll be playing arcade mode on my own though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be playing arcade mode on my own though :(

Then you can unlock all the characters on all the machines!! Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

animaX wrote: »

Well that's that sorted!Nice one!

Next weekend would be fine for me ,give me a reason to go back to SF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

animaX wrote: »

I feel so used :pac:

Guess I'll have to get the finger out and get up next week, are you all gonna go ahead with a tourny???

Yeah, I think we'll go for tourney format this time.

Thing is though, if we're going for double elimination, I don't have a laptop for the tournament maker program. I suppose I could write it all down but it would take a lot longer. Plus, I don't really understand how double elimination works :s

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Works like follows,

Your eliminated from the tournament was soon as you loose 2 games with the exception of me, I have to loose 27 games before I'm eliminated.

Everyone bar me is restricted to Dan. :p

Woot 2000 post!

Didn't see that complex to me. When you lose, you go into the loser bracket. Lose again and your out. The final is the guy who hasnt lost at all vs the winner of the loser bracket.....but the loser bracket guy has to win more matches in the final in order to "win".

Yep, it's not really all that complicated. If needs be I can bring in my laptop to do the brackets on.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

SDooM wrote: »
    Christ. 18 hours before I meet my forum mates for combat for the first time I do THIS to my left thumb...

Snapshot_20090612.jpg

Brian you silly bastard what you at! Bought this and the new prodigy album back in march and became 13 again. You on ps3 or xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Can't copy saves? :( thats real cr@p. Oh well, nevermind I guess.

I understand that there might be no shows or more people than those registered so I'll keep an eye for who's there. I'll bring my trusty calculator if any adjustments need to be done :)

I'll calculate the split based on who's there from 2 to 3. Only way to manage it properly after is not to allow anymore people to join after then to avoid the possibility of some people considering leaving early and forgetting to pay unless anyone who is coming after 3 could just rent another console for themselves.

To keep it simple, the cost will be divided over 4 hours, even if some people leave early because it'll be a mess otherwise.

Could be a bit late but aha!!! Your wrong and nerdyness prevails!!!

Hook up a USB storage device to your ps3, even a PSP will do as long as it has memory, & go into your saves on the PS3, & copy your SF4 data to your USB drive, take it to wherever you want, & then copy it from your USB onto another PS3!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Is this on 2morow By any chance?

Newer thread here:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055626707

This should probably be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Well it doesnt sound like many people can come to XGC tomorrow, i cant anyway, but for example Sagat 06 seems to want to so nothing is stopping you and him meeting up, it's just a lan cafe.

You never know maybe some of the locals would take ye on... its got to be better than playing HOME on your own...

I think the machines are €10 per hour, the other chaps here know the price for definite.

5 an hour I think, and I'll be heading in tomorrow if a couple of other people are (KO Kiki said he may well do, and a few others too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I made a facebook group for fighting games in Ireland,
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/create.php?success=1&customize&gid=106506842542#/group.php?gid=106506842542

The name and purpose are nice and generic to cover any and all bases anyone may want to use it for.
    from meet ups in dublin to meets ups in your gaff and of any game. even smash bros. (ugh)

Hopefully some people will find it to be useful probably if you use facebook already, anyone here really can be an admin and pimp any meetup they feel big or small. I'm hoping to host some casuals myself when i'm back in college.

I know there was a very big Arcade and retro site on BEBO about a year ago, so i'll see if that's still going, that had 20,000 + members and was surprisingly active.

Advertisement