Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears of War 2 €45 @ Game

• 08-11-2008 2:13pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

Was just out in Mahon Point Cork and Game were selling GOW2 for only €45 brand new which is an excellent price for a game only just out.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

Tesco had it for €55 in the same store.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Same price in HMV, plus 10% student discount available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

weird, the game on dawson st. were selling it for €55. i got it in hmv for €40 anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

€55 in Game in Blanch as well.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Are you guys sure that was not the Limited Edition?

I saw the limited edition in there for €55 but the standard version was defo €45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Isnt Xtravision 49.99??

Anyone know the tesco price?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I know in Xtra Vision Malahide if you trade in another game you will get it for €15, not sure if other Xtra Visions are doing that or not, presume some would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Xtravision ad on TV says €49.99, HMV seems the best so far particulalry if you're a student

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

get it today in extrav for 60 euro not bad i gave than back no more heros for the wii which i got last weak for 30 euros i do this all the time on games :D:D:D:D:D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

xbox36016 wrote: »
    get it today in extrav for 60 euro not bad i gave than back no more heros for the wii which i got last weak for 30 euros i do this all the time on games :D:D:D:D:D

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=767734&batuid=1000&affiliate=buyat&lpgrp=network&WT.mc_id=101450

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

no thats what i call a cheap game but it will be 25 euros in hmv here its allways like that what hmv and zavvi

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I just picked it up in Game for €45. The lad behind the till said he bought it yesterday for €55 but they have since reduced it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Saw it in Zavvi and Game in Liffey Valley for €44.99, Smyths in Fonthill wouldn't go any lower then 49.99 even with my Smyths card, so sorry I went with Xtravision at €49.99 yesterday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

The special edition was in Tesco on Friday for 47.99..
    Funny thing was the regular edition was 55 lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

kearnsr wrote: »
    I just picked it up in Game for €45. The lad behind the till said he bought it yesterday for €55 but they have since reduced it

I'm guessing because they were the most expensive for it and soon realised they're not going to sell too many copies at that price.

Advertisement