Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap laptops including Macbook.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,905 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

am i the only one having trouble trying to view laptops direct ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

same here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

The web site's loading fine now, but the prices have gone up. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Oracle wrote: »
    The web site's loading fine now, but the prices have gone up. :(
    There's a spy amongst us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

When you got ot the main page you can see the Belinea laptop for €364.81 but when you click on it, it goes up to €405.83. Thy must be doing a Ryan Air job on it, when you click on it one day it gives a low price but come back the next day and the price is higher cos they know you might be interested. Surely that is illegal?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

When I looked at the Macbook look at around 11 it was €880, now gone up to €980.

I hate this sort of sharp practise and I certainly won't shop with them because of this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is there an option you can change that brings the price down to the lower price. I know dell used to show a laptop at a certain price (price was with one year warranty) but when you clicked the link it automatically had the three year warranty seleceted. Changing it back to the one year warranty brought the price down to what you saw before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

There's a spy amongst us.

What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

im guessing it this..
    "PRE DELIVERY INSPECTION"

We rigorously test your laptop for a range of common problems so that your laptop can be up and ready to go when you receive it. Our comprehensive examination makes sure that you have no dead or permanently lit pixels and that any software bought with the machine is fully installed.

* Guarantee of no dead or permanently lit pixels.
    * All critical updates installed to keep your computer healthy and safe from attack.
    * If you purchase Antivirus software, such as Norton or F-Secure, we will install and configure this together with all the latest updates.
    * If you purchase Office Software, or other software such as Nero, we will install and update this too.
    * If your laptop develops a hardware fault within 7 days , we will collect it free of charge and replace it with a new one . We will also conduct the same pre-delivery inspection on the replacement.
    * Please note: Process takes up to 48 hours. Your chosen delivery time will commence after this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The laptops seem to have gone back to the prices above, if not a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I've noticed Laptopsdirect prices tend to go up and down quite regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Has anyone actually bought from them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Search is your friend, a lot of people have bought from them, many with problems and many with none. But do some research before buying from them just so you know the risks!

Advertisement