Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epson WorkForce WF-2630 Four-in-One (Print/Scan/Copy/Fax) £30 Amazon UK

Options
  • 30-11-2015 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Some very bad reviews in there too. Dunno whether to bite the bullet or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

don't buy epson full stop. they are pre-programmed to stop working after a certain period of time. I have a 4 year old px700w that stopped working last week with the message
    "the printers ink pads are at the end of their service life please contact epson support"

I'm researching a fix at the moment, but essentially this is triggered based on software that counts how many pages are printed, and the inkpads are probably fine. Once the pre-set figure is reached, the software shuts down the printer. If you call support, they tell you it's cheaper to buy a new one than to fix it. There is some 3rd party software fix but it doesn't seem to support my model...

(this may be something that all manufacturers do, or it may not. but epson definitely use this and if I need to change my printer, it won't be an epson I'll buy)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

ablelocks wrote: »
    don't buy epson full stop. they are pre-programmed to stop working after a certain period of time. I have a 4 year old px700w that stopped working last week with the message

I'm researching a fix at the moment, but essentially this is triggered based on software that counts how many pages are printed, and the inkpads are probably fine. Once the pre-set figure is reached, the software shuts down the printer. If you call support, they tell you it's cheaper to buy a new one than to fix it. There is some 3rd party software fix but it doesn't seem to support my model...

(this may be something that all manufacturers do, or it may not. but epson definitely use this and if I need to change my printer, it won't be an epson I'll buy)
    If I get 4 years out of a 30 quid printer,I won't lose any sleep about this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ablelocks

vandriver wrote: »
    If I get 4 years out of a 30 quid printer,I won't lose any sleep about this problem.

true.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,976 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Epson are thrash, the build quality is like tinsel and the compatibility of cartridges will drive you to smashing the thing up. Buy a canon with 4/5 separate inks and removable print head, cheap to run and will keep you going for a couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I have one of them and it's really good, we use it loads (and I mean loads)
    the compatible ink is very cheap on Amazon,
    had it around 2 years without any issue and if it died tomorrow I've had my monies worth out of it and I'd buy another.
    The plastic is cheap enough but what do we expect for this price.

My last printer was top of the line and cost a packet, it worked really well and felt really solid but it died after 3 years and I'm not spending that kind of money again.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Tempted to pull the trigger but I won't.

My HP Photosmart C4780 has served me well for the last 5 years but both the colour and black inks are nearly out and it's going to cotst me €30 to replace them both.

The normal capacity cartridges are getting to be harder and harder to get and the XL ones are quite expensive so was thinking of buying a new printer, but that Epson looks quite ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

devnull wrote: »
    Tempted to pull the trigger but I won't.
    that Epson looks quite ugly.

your not taking It to bed are you. :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

It's not just that, I on;y have limited space for it, my current printer is a bit more compact and I'm not convinced by some of the reviews and comments I read online either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Price seems to have gone back up to £59 now. Tempted to buy it (warts and all) at half the price, there are probably better options at that price point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

any suggestions for a good printer?
    im in the market for color printer+scanner
    not familiar with the models.
    want to buy one if there is any good cyber monday sale

• Registered Users Posts: 17,976 ✭✭✭✭rob316

any suggestions for a good printer?
    im one in the market for color ter+scanner
    not familiar with the models.
    want to buy one if there is any good cyber monday sale

Argos have a Canon mg5650 for €69. Print scan copy wireless. Get the cheapest ink you want from amazon for it probably about 50c an ink. No worry about it clogging as it has a removable print head you just run it under the taps and away you go again. Bulletproof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

rob316 wrote: »
    Argos have a Canon mg5650 for €69. Print scan copy wireless. Get the cheapest ink you want from amazon for it probably about 50c an ink. No worry about it clogging as it has a removable print head you just run it under the taps and away you go again. Bulletproof

thanks mate..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭brophs

I have the 3530, work from home and use it quite a bit. Obviously the 2630 is a couple of models down, but the last couple of Epson printers I've had have been absolutely fine. I would imagine for moderate home use a printer with those features for £30 would be grand.

Advertisement