Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the League of Ireland Deserve More Love?

Options
  • 22-09-2015 1:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

I have been watching videos and reading articles written by people outside Ireland on the League of Ireland and it reminds me of the Dublin is a Kip thread in that Irish people have a very low opinion of anything that is IRISH and still in IRELAND. Foreigners on the other hand can't see the problem.

I have been to a good few LOI games and I enjoyed them much more that seeing Ireland now. I find Ireland supporters depressing to be around. They long to be some pasty faced, larger and lime Nigel from some paradise like Milton Keynes. They are completely controlled by British marketing and hype and then they dare to call themselves 'the greatest supporters in the world'. Yet they only love an 'Irishman' in the green jersey once he is on the mainland.

This video is an example and they made a few others in in Ireland too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Yes IMO it does:)

Been a season ticket holder of my club for years and years and rarely miss games. You'll have a hard time convincing the bar stooler's though, their loss!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There is a Mega Thread in the Soccer forum for LOI

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057376489

That would be a much better place for your discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement