Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FANTASY FOOTBALL 2010 **Draft Times in OP**

1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭titans

Still make Turnoversaurus Rex favourite for the final just for the fact he has Foster playing Denver this week!

ah it can go either way...although wish I could have drafted more Arian Fosters!

best of luck anyways Lbolt...may the best team win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

SSK wrote: »
    I think a poster by the name of Hulk Hands beat me last week to qualify for the final of LTTP against Syferus.

I'm hoping to finish 3rd in my first season playing FF, which I would be very pleased about. Thanks to Syferus for organising the LTTP league, which has been very competitive and well contested throughout.

Best of luck to all those in finals this week.

Thanks - it was a load of fun for me and it didn't feel like work for a single minute.

I've updated the league story for old time's sake so, y'know, people, check it? Big thank you's to everyone who played and made it what it was, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Syferus wrote: »
    Thanks - it was a load of fun for me and it didn't feel like work for a single minute.

I've updated the league story for old time's sake so, y'know, people, check it? Big thank you's to everyone who played and made it what it was, though!

Excellent...and regardless of the critics I thought the first one was very good as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Just to update some of Spongey's post. Im playing The Mighty Celts in the Paddy Patriots league, not sure what user that is though, and JohnnyRyan99 in NFL Oireland.

Boards Premier League
    Tom Brady vs kev s88

Boards Division One
    Lightning Bolt vs titans

Boards Division Two
    Raoul vs ????????

PPR League
    eagle eye vs DonkeyPokerTour

Auction League
    f1dan vs Spongey1975

Paddy Patriots League
    Tom Brady vs ????????

NFL Oireland League
    Tom Brady vs JohnnyRyan99

LTTP League
    Syferus vs Hulk Hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Raoul

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Just to update some of Spongey's post. Im playing The Mighty Celts in the Paddy Patriots league, not sure what user that is though, and JohnnyRyan99 in NFL Oireland.

Boards Premier League
    Tom Brady vs kev s88

Boards Division One
    Lightning Bolt vs titans

Boards Division Two
    Raoul vs poldebruin

PPR League
    eagle eye vs DonkeyPokerTour

Auction League
    f1dan vs Spongey1975

Paddy Patriots League
    Tom Brady vs ????????

NFL Oireland League
    Tom Brady vs JohnnyRyan99

LTTP League
    Syferus vs Hulk Hands

I'm playing Poldebruin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

i made boards div 3 final,

im playing v he hate me, not sure who that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Raoul wrote: »
    I'm playing Poldebruin.

Hi Raoul,

You are indeed, although, with the lowest points scored of all the playoff teams, I can't help but feel there was quite a bit of good fortune involved in my success.

That could all be at an end now though, with Orton out I've picked Tebow up, and will be starting him in the Boards Division 2 Superbowl!!! (all comments/advice welcome)

Loving tonight's game, in one final I've got Mendenhall and Wallace and they've already netted me almost 28 points combined. JI only hope Carlolina can muster a few points to puncture the Steelers defense I'm against in a different final!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Rashard Jennings, LT or Shonn Greene?!?!:confused:

Face a game against Archi with two of big hitters of the year possibly leaving me in the lurch... Gates out anyway.. And now waiting on AP(with Gerhart ready as a replacment) who looks like he's not going to be at his best if he even plays! Balls

Rashard Jennings, LT or Shonn Greene?!?!:confused:

Face a game against Archi with two of big hitters of the year possibly leaving me in the lurch... Gates out anyway.. And now waiting on AP(with Gerhart ready as a replacment) who looks like he's not going to be at his best if he even plays! Balls

You should start Ryan Grant of the Packers. He's been quiet all year but I have a feeling he could explode today.

:)

• Advertisement

You should start Ryan Grant of the Packers. He's been quiet all year but I have a feeling he could explode today.

:)

Harrdy harr :mad:

Jennings definitely since MJD is out and they're against Washington.

I've got renewed hope after Kitna got crocked for me in LTTP last night, with Cunning Stunts' Hightower only getting 2.6 points and MLD being inactive, his #1 back. Things change fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Picked up David Buehler and dropped Nick Folk on Thursday figuring better to have a dome kicker. He got me 10 points so happy enough although could have gotten another 4-5 points if he nailed his xp and got a fg in OT.

Figured I'd put Kitna in my line up a few minutes before the cowgirls game, all I can say is that I got lucky, line up had locked already. Garrard isn't up to much at the minute though, -2 pts after throwing an interception.

A lot of games won't be decided until Tuesday now as the Vikes/Eagles game has been pushed back.

Looking in good shape to win the three Boards-affiliated SuperBowls I'm in.

I'm ahead by 55 in the Prem League, so unless Matt Ryan and Roddy White combined for more than that, I'll win.

In NFL Oireland, I'm up by 19 wth Michael Vick left to play. He has Toby Gerhart.

I've won the Paddy Patriots league thanks to a convincing 110 - 76 win, and I still have the Eagles DST to play. He's done.

Not too shabby a year, eh? :D

Wooo! I've already won the LTTP title and I've still got Roddy White and Matt Bryant left to play. The boss is boss. Or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i think a pre-emptive congrats to Tom are in order. my picks this week in the Prem just did not perform in the slightest. and sadly i had Cassell on the bench :( just gotta hope that somehow Matt Ryan and Roddy White can combine for crazy totals :)

Great match up in Div 1. Titans is beating me by less than 2 points. Score currently stands at 99.26-101.18.

I've got Lance Moore (WR) v Falcons and Gonzalez (TE) v Saints whilst Titans has Graham (TE) v Falcons and Akers (K) v Vikings.

Josh Freeman and Mike Williams pulled Titans right back into it.

Round two tomorrow night with the finale on Tuesday.

May the best manager win... :D

Great match up in Div 1. Titans is beating me by less than 2 points. Score currently stands at 99.26-101.18.

I've got Lance Moore (WR) v Falcons and Gonzalez (TE) v Saints whilst Titans has Graham (TE) v Falcons and Akers (K) v Vikings.

Josh Freeman and Mike Williams pulled Titans right back into it.

Round two tomorrow night with the finale on Tuesday.

May the best manager win... :D

didn't think I had much of a chance. u opened up a healthy 30 point lead at one stage. but still dont fancy my chances with a te and k up against a wr and te. good battle all the same!

titans wrote: »
    didn't think I had much of a chance. u opened up a healthy 30 point lead at one stage. but still dont fancy my chances with a te and k up against a wr and te. good battle all the same!

Hey, none of this reverse psychology bs! In fairness Freeman and Williams pulled you back into the game. I was kicking myself every time I was checking the red zone.

Gonzalez only scores TDs, won't get much from yardage out of him and Moore is so hit and miss although he had a huge game against the Falcons in week 2 or 3.

Graham coming off a nice week and Akers likely to score 6+ at least. I think whoever wins will do so by a couple of points max.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Despite my 2 RB's combining for a total of 12 and not getting a chance to take Andre Johnson out of my lineup, I'm still just a David Akers field goal away from winning the Auction league.

Knowing my luck, he'll come down with an illness today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Wooo! I've already won the LTTP title and I've still got Roddy White and Matt Bryant left to play. The boss is boss. Or something.

Congrats lad.

Finished 3rd in that one, which, considering this is my first real season following NFL isn't bad.

Premier League Champion! :cool::)

51d011bdb1c46cce_brady_super_bowl_trophy1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

congratulations :)

TURNOVERASAURUS REX - BOARDS DIVISION 1 CHAMPION

Good game and hard luck LBolt.

I'd like to dedicate this championship to Rex Grossman...the man who made me realise that just about anybody can make it to the Superbowl!

Unknown+and+Rex+Grossman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I've won my 3rd place playoff in the Premier Division, up by 8 with the Eagles D/ST to come and he is all done. Congrats to Tom_Brady on his victory in the final, it was a deserved victory in fairness as he was the #1 seed and by far the highest points scorer in the regular season.

• Advertisement

titans wrote: »
    TURNOVERASAURUS REX - BOARDS DIVISION 1 CHAMPION

Good game and hard luck LBolt.

I'd like to dedicate this championship to Rex Grossman...the man who made me realise that just about anybody can make it to the Superbowl!

Unknown+and+Rex+Grossman.jpg

Genuine lol! Fair play, again well deserved win for Titans. Was first in rankings and top points scorer too.

Thanks to all for the entertainment throughout the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Congrats Tom! (and the other winners)

In one league final I'm 15 points behind going into tonights game. I've Vick and Maclin, he's the Eagles DST. Bad start so far

Likely to lose in another semi unless maclin gets 50 more than Desean Jackson :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Currently winning my championship game by 0.10 points.

I have Vick, he had Harvin. I'm confident, but could go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dodge wrote: »
    In one league final I'm 15 points behind going into tonights game. I've Vick and Maclin, he's the Eagles DST. Bad start so far

Ended up winning. Didn't look likely for a while but Vick's rushing TD wins it for me

Heck of a season! Wrapped up another league tonight.

Prem League Champion
    NFL Oireland Champion
    Paddy Patriots Champion

Not bad! :cool::D

• Advertisement

Heck of a season! Wrapped up another league tonight.

Prem League Champion
    NFL Oireland Champion
    Paddy Patriots Champion

Not bad! :cool::D

Sure i wasnt even looking at my Oireland team;)

Sure i wasnt even looking at my Oireland team;)

Child please, you could have swapped in your best substitutes for your worst starters and I still would have won ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

f1dan wrote: »
    Despite my 2 RB's combining for a total of 12 and not getting a chance to take Andre Johnson out of my lineup, I'm still just a David Akers field goal away from winning the Auction league.

Knowing my luck, he'll come down with an illness today

I think the Gods are smiling down on me in the Auction League. In my semi i was 3 points down and all done with my opponent having the Vikes D and they scored -4 for me to scrape into final. And in the final i was 2 points up and all done with f1dan having Akers to go and he scores 1 point for me to scrape by again. Unlucky f1dan.

SPONGEY1975 - Auction League Champion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

won boards div 3 beating the best team in league over season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

I think the Gods are smiling down on me in the Auction League. In my semi i was 3 points down and all done with my opponent having the Vikes D and they scored -4 for me to scrape into final. And in the final i was 2 points up and all done with f1dan having Akers to go and he scores 1 point for me to scrape by again. Unlucky f1dan.

SPONGEY1975 - Auction League Champion

2 XP's and a missed field goal, gutted!

Anyway, well done, I'll get my revenge next season :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

Hi everyone, if anyone would like to do a post season fantasy league on NFL.com with me, please let me know and I'll send you an invite. Just PM me with with your email address.

Make that 4 championships out of 6. Quite the season! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

JJ wrote: »
    Hi everyone, if anyone would like to do a post season fantasy league on NFL.com with me, please let me know and I'll send you an invite. Just PM me with with your email address.

Syferus has already set up a league.

http://challengegames.nfl.com/playoffchallenge/leagues/725

Password is jetsrock. There is 12 members in it at the moment, would hope for a few more. I know eagle eye has also set up a league as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

How's the playoff challenge going for everyone?

Currently on 28 from Brees and Tamme.

Rice, Charles, Jennings, Boldin, Succop and Ravens D to play tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Frisbee wrote: »
    How's the playoff challenge going for everyone?

Currently on 28 from Brees and Tamme.

Rice, Charles, Jennings, Boldin, Succop and Ravens D to play tonight.

Saints D absolutely killed me !

• Advertisement

Finished on 93, a whole 8 yards from Jennings kinda sucked...

I have this bad boy coming in the post for winning the Paddy Patriots league:

DSCF1312.jpg

Props to TO for organising it, such a sexy little trophy! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Jay Cutler is godlike for fantasy points at the moment :D

Betting on the Packers and the Steelers to make runs propelled me to the top of the Boards.ie playoff league (even if Greg Jennings is playing like he's had one hand chopped off) - 214 of my 233 points came this week.

It's even more aobut long-term planning than the regular fantasy game and it does make for a nice continuation of fantasy football..!

(even if Greg Jennings is playing like he's had one hand chopped off)

Tell me about it... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Interesting story from the States, about a homeless guy, with no computer, who won a fantasy league. Not sure what kind of league it was, it says he beat 3 million other players.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/28797/

So in our league of champions, I emerge victorious. I'd like to thank Addias, Riddel, and AIG for their finical services. And all the little people too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Raoul

So in our league of champions, I emerge victorious. I'd like to thank Addias, Riddel, and AIG for their finical services. And all the little people too.

Are you Hackeymice? I came second, my usual this season!!

Raoul wrote: »
    Are you Hackeymice? I came second, my usual this season!!

Yup. Threw my chips in with Rodgers/Jennings from the wildcard weekend onwards - and avoiding the car-crash that would have been my #2 option, Brady - coupled with choosing Mendenhall while the Steelers were on their first week bye was enough to pull me through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chandler2010

cant wait til next season
    :pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement