Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easily accessible place (walking frame) for afternoon cup of tea

Options
  • 10-02-2020 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

Looking for suggestions for easily accessible place for elderly friend on walking frame & in great pain walking a distance. Can be 'Afternoon Tea' or just a nice place for an afternoon cup of tea, but I need to be able to stop outside and get her out of car and in the door, leave her there while I park elsewhere and then do the opposite afterwards. We've been to Avoca, Enniskerry and Killiney Hill Café, The Ivy and Herbert Pk Hotel. Road outside Avoca Monkstown is just too busy to stop. Would be very grateful for suggestions. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Fallon and Byrne in the people’s park in Dun Laoighre or Killiney castle, Queens in Dalkey

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Urbun in cabinteely has a disabled spot outside and parking is generally avalable close by. Also the tea rooms in the park itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭caviardreams

The Talbot Hotel has parking right outside and you can drop off at the door too as its off street - it does afternoon tea:
    https://www.talbothotelstillorgan.com/afternoon-tea.html

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Airfield is the perfect place.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Awaaf

Have used the Royal Marine Hotel for a similar purpose. In the past they have allowed us to park directly outside but we do have a disabled permit for the car so that maybe a factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Thanks very much for all the suggestions. She does have a disability parking permit so that helps. We have been to Tearooms in Cabinteely park but I don't think she'd be able for the walk from car park any more. I'll investigate the others - lots of great suggestions to keep us going for the year :):)

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Thanks very much for all the suggestions. She does have a disability parking permit so that helps. We have been to Tearooms in Cabinteely park but I don't think she'd be able for the walk from car park any more. I'll investigate the others - lots of great suggestions to keep us going for the year :):)

Many thanks

I would agree with Airfield. There are a number of disability spaces convenient to the door.
    There is an external seating area also for sunny days

Advertisement