Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Derby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Preview of Wednesday and Thursday's heats here

http://greyhoundowner.blogspot.com/

Preview of Saturday will be up later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

What do you make of the chances of Tyrur Domingo?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Some very impressive recent 525 trials would expect him to get through a couple of rounds but still think he is better over further than 550. Certainly has a chance though.

sdevine89 wrote: »
    Some very impressive recent 525 trials would expect him to get through a couple of rounds but still think he is better over further than 550. Certainly has a chance though.

Ya, a seasoned punter I know thinks he is serious value at 50/1.

Tonights Irish Derby First Round Results (Heats 1 - 6)

All the main dogs made it safely out of heat 1, with Makeshift winning impressively. Disappointing run from Meadowbank Owl later on in the night but at the moment it's all about qualifying and he should come on for the run.

A serious performance from Ballymac Razal too in Heat 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

half way through the first round and the 3 dogs that impressed me so far is

1 MAKESHIFT

2 BALLYMAC RAZL

3 SLIPPERY BOB.

still along way to go but makeshift did go like a champion, good to see droopys twril getting back to winning ways last night.
    disappointed with the tyrur dogs at the moment but will be expecting big runs over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

Anyone any thoughts on razldazl buggatis run last night, serious effort. have him backed at 50/1 outright. if he holds form he could go a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Anyone any thoughts on razldazl buggatis run last night, serious effort. have him backed at 50/1 outright. if he holds form he could go a long way.

Yeah he ran great last night but he had a bit of luck with deerfield (4) pushing the 5 and 6 dogs out of the way to give him a good clear run to te first bend. he needs to be the clear run the whole time as i cant seeing him the type of dog that would come from behind, I say once he is behind he'll stay there..
    I have the other brother Kingo at e/w at 40/1 but i think the trip is about 5 strides to short for him.
    I say the two of them will be still there come semi final time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

a tough 1st round so far , qualifying is the name of the game

Rumours of the Tyrur dogs not being in the best of health. PJ Fahy had said they are being treated by a vet and he will inform Shelbourne Park on Thursday morning whether or not they are fit to race.

Shaping up to be some cracking heats, especially on Saturday night.

Irish Derby 2nd Round Draw

• Advertisement

2 out injured a few doubts no need to suspend betting

Ladbrokes Irish Derby 3rd Round Betting

Looking forward to tomorrow night.

I expect Jayfkay to get the better of Tyrur McGuigan and at odds against could be worth a punt. I also fancy Uncle Eoin to turn over Big Mike, currently around 9/4.

Makeshift and Tyrur Quinn will be a good battle in the first but I'd be hoping Makeshift will just have enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Airforce Roger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Anybody know when the draw for the next round is ?? Plus anyone know who how many go through from the next heats?

QUARTER FINAL DRAW
    QUARTER FINAL 1
    1. BALLYMAC MITSY
    2. RAZLDAZL BUGATTI
    3. NIKITAS SCUT
    4. DREAM WALKER
    5. HEY GRINGO
    6. MELODYS ROYAL (W)

QUARTER FINAL 2
    1. DROOPYS TWIRL
    2. CROOM STAR
    3. KINGO
    4. PIERCESTOWN SAND
    5. TYRUR MCGUIGAN (M)
    6. OHIO RUMBLE (M)

QUARTER FINAL 3
    1. MAKESHIFT
    2. RAZLDAZL GEORGE
    3. ROCHCHASE BULLET
    4. AIRFORCE ROGER
    5. PEPSI BILLY
    6. COOLYKEREEN IMP

QUARTER FINAL 4
    1. KRUG NINETY FIVE
    2. RAFAS WEE PET
    3. ROCKVIEW HEAD
    4. TYRUR BIG MIKE (M)
    5. RAZLDAZL JAYFKAY (M)
    6. SHELBOURNE GEOFF (W)

Read more: http://greyhoundscene.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=irishracing&action=display&thread=40498&page=1#ixzz1Vhq93vo2

3 go through to make 2 semi finals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭podsieboy

i fancy jayfkay to win it out

wide open derby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

backed Rockview Head @25/1 today ,he's not great out of the traps but stays, price looked too big imo

heavyballs wrote: »
    backed Rockview Head @25/1 today ,he's not great out of the traps but stays, price looked too big imo

Big price alright but he is in a seriously tough quarter final, big mike, jayfkay and shelbourne geoff should all get away and krug ninety five will finish like a train as always. Think there will be an upset in this heat, hopefully you get some luck.

I'm still on razldazl bugatti, had a small each way bet ante-post@50/1, in the easier of the quarters, will all depend on how he breaks. he has serious early pace but could get caught coming home.

• Advertisement

heavyballs wrote: »

has a chance saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Bookies cleaned up in tonights quarter finals

Draw for the final

1. Razldazl Bugatti
    2. Dream Walker
    3. Rockview Head
    4. Razldazl George
    5. Krug Ninety Five
    6. Rockchase Bullet

Bullet must be the one to beat but I think bugatti can give him a tough time of it with his early pace, maybe thats just me being optimistic though.

Draw for the final

1. Razldazl Bugatti
    2. Dream Walker
    3. Rockview Head
    4. Razldazl George
    5. Krug Ninety Five
    6. Rockchase Bullet

Bullet must be the one to beat but I think bugatti can give him a tough time of it with his early pace, maybe thats just me being optimistic though.

on bullet at 66 and 50 . place bet up . so now hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭EskimoJack

Buggatti for me, peach of a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Not a classic line up by any means but fascinating none the less.

Bugatti leads, surely rockchase gets a wallop of some sort from 6, george bit flat last week, will need leg room early to get a run at bugatti.

Bugatti makes all for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭R0UF

If Rockchase gets round the first I have no doubt he'll pick up Bugatti down the back. Fair enough 6 isn't great, but 4 and 5 are effectively empty on the run up and and it's not impossible he could cut right in at the bend and go clear. Originally thought it was a terrible draw for Rockchase but the more I look at it the more I like it and he's the dog with the best all round pace in the final. Should be clear fav imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Had my serious bet on Rockchase in semi 3/1 .The worst Derby in history not many chasing.Imagine bringing a bitch to the winner of this,rogues comes to mind .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

podsieboy wrote: »
    i fancy jayfkay to win it out
    Chasing nothing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement