Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you use your car to commute in and out of Dublin?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The Mulk wrote: »
    Why don't you get the Maynooth train to Connolly and walk/hope on the Luas from there.
    I do this from Hazelhatch and wouldn't even think about driving to the Red Cow, or City West to pick up the Luas
    Gym is on the Luas route back to the Red Cow so it's better in my case. Otherwise I'd be on the train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Gym is on the Luas route back to the Red Cow so it's better in my case. Otherwise I'd be on the train.

That makes sense, I was trying to figure the logistics out.
    I work between the last two stops on the Luas, it's a pig of a location at the moment, but we've free parking and flexible start/finish times for when i need to drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭tnegun

Work in Dublin and live in Kildare started cycling to work 3 years ago a couple of days a week now leave the car at home 99% of the time now almost 6000km done commuting this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The Mulk wrote: »
    That makes sense, I was trying to figure the logistics out.
    I work between the last two stops on the Luas, it's a pig of a location at the moment, but we've free parking and flexible start/finish times for when i need to drive.
    Yeah if it wasn't for that, I'd have no need to drive anywhere near Dublin at all.
    Parking around there is sparse at best, seems more people are working down there lately as well, usually the Luas is half empty at that stage, now it's at Spencer Dock before it clears out properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Doop

I cover a fair length of the grand canal, starting at inchcore working at baggot st...
    45-1hr in the car both ways
    15mins cycle
    .... no brainer really, have to take the car in once or twice every two weeks which is a pain.

It seems we'll never get transport right in this city... less we adopt some radical approaches (and elect politicians who are prepared to make tough choices)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,877 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

tnegun wrote: »
    Work in Dublin and live in Kildare started cycling to work 3 years ago a couple of days a week now leave the car at home 99% of the time now almost 6000km done commuting this year.

Fair fooks! Legs of iron!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭tnegun

Ah it's nothing compared to some other guys, gets a bit addictive though wanting to hit the 200k in the week! Plus the health benefits am the fittest I've been since college and probably the lightest 5/6 kg down without really trying.

Advertisement