Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir: €100 fine for "Excess Broadband Usage"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

EIR are a mystery, no one else could be so poor at absolutely everything , Cant understand how Comreg just don't pull their licence

Since moving to VF it's like a different planet from eir, yes problems do happen but they are addressed,no left hanging for hours/ weeks etc,at gunpoint or even for free I would not go to eir again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

I'm a VF customer.

When I signed up with VF, Eir showed up and installed.

Whenever I've an issue (extremely rare) I call VF and Eir (promptly) turn up and fix the issue.
    I could get the same product from Eir at less cost, a lot less.
    After all it is a "rebadged" Eir product.

There is not a hope in hell I would ever switch to Eir - never!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

Openeir is a separate division of Eir that maintains the broadband networks
    for all the companies VF, Sky, Pure etc where they use the old Eircom system and FTTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 enno

€200 "excess broadband charges" on eir phone bill received in today's post.

Customer support explained it as due to a fault in the billing system which aplied a FUP surcharge, despite FUP having been abandoned in 2018, and assured me that it was corrected as we spoke. We'll see what happens on the direct debit date.

Thanks @GrumpyMe for advice upthread on reversing DD -- I hope I won't need to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

You should ask them to send you an updated bill. In fact, you shouldn't have to ask for that, it should just happen. But since this is eir...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

But since this is eir...

Since this is eir, people should really be using any other provider - have people not learnt by now that this company shows nothing but contempt for its customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

On the contrary, this happened me before and they wiped it off my next bill. I was nice and pleasant, they were nice and pleasant and everything was fine. Only yesterday I had a billing error and the very helpful CS rep. sorted it without any fuss.

And no I don’t work for eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Been with eir 3 years. Signed up for another 2.

Never had an issue with them.

Currently paying e45 for 500mbps ftth, landline and 2 sim only mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,673 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Some people could be on a "legacy" contract from before 2018. Last year I discovered I was, when I was hit with a €65 excess. Turned out it was up to me to contact them to get an upgrade, which I did. That is my recollection of the terms and conditions I looked up at the time. Did a new contract over the phone, which is the non FUP 2018 onwards version. Have never gone over the old limit since to see if it is actually in place. Never got the €65 back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Comreg are fairly useless too if my dealings with them are anything to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Agreed but at least if u go through the motions and if owed money etc from eir or you require a recorded conversation that they refuse or mysteriously lose

they calve when they know comreg are involved

Advertisement