Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered from amazon.co.uk lately?

Options
  • 07-05-2020 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Anyone ordered electronics from Amazon uk since the lockdown? Did it take you a long time to get your order?

I ordered some headphones a few days ago but it hasn't even been dispatched - used standard delivery too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

LeYouth wrote: »
    Anyone ordered electronics from Amazon uk since the lockdown? Did it take you a long time to get your order?

I ordered some headphones a few days ago but it hasn't even been dispatched - used standard delivery too.

Yep, even with Prime things are taking at least a week.
    Understandable given everyone is buying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 TomTanks

Delay in despatch, delay in delivery. Expect a delay of a couple of days for despatch and up to a week for delivery.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Yep, even with Prime things are taking at least a week.
    Understandable given everyone is buying online.

This.

Still very handy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭wetlandsboy

Ordered books from amazon.co.uk around two weeks ago. Delivery scheduled for early June.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Have ordered loads of stuff. In fairness their estimated delivery date is usually spot on or very close. Have got most my stuff within a week and one or two bits longer but I knew that based on the estimated delivery date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Multiple orders since the beginning of lockdown, most things are talking between 5-8 days on prime for me. Can't complain given the timing and there are no real alternatives. I've ordered stuff in Ireland and its taking almost two weeks for some of that stuff to get to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭VG31

Amazon are taking a long time to dispatch orders to Ireland (4-7 days). Priority delivery for prime members seems to be gone, it's just standard delivery now. Once dispatched most deliveries arrive within 48 hours.

It is a bit odd that Irish orders are taking so long to dispatch. Delivery times to the UK are only 2-3 days. Even dispatch to German addresses is faster than Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I ordered Bluetooth earbuds recently and took a good bit longer than normal 6 working days I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Some of the sellers on Amazon, that I use regularly, have stopped delivering to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭lulublue22

we’ve had two parcels go awol recently. One was ordered on the 12th April dispatched on the 22nd from Liverpool and has yet to show up on the An Post tracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Slight delays but ordering parts(electrical) in work (not on Amazon) and they coming in daily from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

I've a Prime account. I've ordered three separate times since the start of Lockdown.

The first order, a Kindle and cover, came in two, the first about 5 working days, the second about 8.

The second order was books, came within 5 working days also.

The third I ordered on Monday, should be here by May 15th, so around 9 working days.

I don't mind as they're luxuries and not something that I need in any great hurry.
    If delivery remains within 5 working days, I'm happy out.

I use Prime mainly for Prime Reading and Video, so worth it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Longer delays in dispatch as has been said, also had my packages delivered by UPS rather than the usual An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Ordered a new CPU and they were saying 22nd of May expected shipment date so I canceled and went through Parcel Motel instead

took two days to be delivered and another day for Parcel motel to put it in my locker

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

You should buy in Ireland.

sugarman wrote: »
    They are.

From a business located in Ireland, paying taxes and overheads here., and keeping money circulating here.

addaword wrote: »

I reckon about 80% of what I've bought on Amazon this year is not available from Irish sites, with at least another 10% far more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

From a business located in Ireland, paying taxes and overheads here., and keeping money circulating here.

Where do you think the VAT goes :rolleyes:

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Where do you think the VAT goes :rolleyes:

And the income tax and corporation tax and rates...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I happily buy from Irish stores when the price is reasonable. Bought something recently and it was a 40% price difference. I'll buy where my wallet gets abused less!

• Advertisement

Your wallet will get abused less if you support the Irish economy. Amazon uk do not pay income tax, corporation tax or rates in Ireland and do not donate raffle prizes to your club or fundraiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Ordered something from Amazon last tuesday, arrived today. Used the free delivery option but got it through UPS. Wonder are An Post/Royal Mail overloaded?

Ordered something from Amazon last tuesday, arrived today. Used the free delivery option but got it through UPS. Wonder are An Post/Royal Mail overloaded?

I got an Amazon delivery with DPD recently. It's the first time it hasn't been with An Post since they stopped using i-Parcel (Fastway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭moby2101

Shortage of planes is a big problem right now. Cargo is big business but handling charges will double in the short term .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

d

No problem, I’ll just grab this.....
    https://www.mcquillantools.ie/dewalt-dck665p3t-18v-cordless-6-piece-kit-with-3x-5-0ah-batteries/

Actually, hold that thought.....
    https://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/dewalt-dck665p3t-18v-xr-cordless-6-piece-power-tool-kit-inc-3x-5-0ah-batts

Patriot and all that, but to save in excess of €200, I’ll pass on the Irish purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Anything I buy from Amazon is something I can't get in Ireland or at a significantly cheaper price. I don't mind if the price is slightly more locally.
    But I've ordered stuff from Amazon for example that I cant get from Woodies or B&Q like I could before.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I've been getting stuff relatively quick (with Prime). Ordered transformers toys for the young lads birthday last week (8 in total 7 ordered Wednesday, 1 on friday). Original delivery dates were between today and this day next week . All arrived between Monday and yesterday.

Ordered an Anker USB hub and a couple of Amazon basics USB extensions and all arrived within a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Amazon employ several thousand people in Ireland , pay VAT in Ireland. , support Irish staff in fastesy, DPD and An Post ( probably single handily keeping the post office afloat )
    Have invested several billion in infrastructure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

ted1 wrote: »
    Amazon employ several thousand people in Ireland , pay VAT in Ireland. , support Irish staff in fastesy, DPD and An Post ( probably single handily keeping the post office afloat )
    Have invested several billion in infrastructure.

Certainly keeps the rural postman busy.

Although I'd be happier if they stopped supporting Fastway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

sugarman wrote: »
    They charge Irish VAT / Tax rates as per EU law on all Irish orders placed on Amazon.co.uk.

They employ over 3.5k Irish workers within Ireland in their Irish operations. They would all be paying their income taxes here.

They paid almost €12m in Cooperation Tax in Ireland last year.

Why the hell would they donate prizes for raffles?!?!

12m doesnt seem like much at all

Advertisement