Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Day "Rappers"

Options
  • 21-04-2020 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain to me why rappers in recent years are destroying their faces with tattoos and giving themselves ridiculous names like Lil XxxGeebagxXX and PcPBraindeadXX? The quality of their "music" is appalling also. It's like most of them have sub par IQs yet many of them end up being worth millions.

The whole Rap scene is totally gone to the dogs since the days of Dre, 2Pac etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Can anyone explain to me why rappers in recent years are destroying their faces with tattoos and giving themselves ridiculous names like Lil XxxGeebagxXX and PcPBraindeadXX? The quality of their "music" is appalling also. It's like most of them have sub par IQs yet many of them end up being worth millions.

Dre 2pac are utter garbage greatest ever lived is
    K-Rino

K-Rino poops all over 2pac in terms of talent. Like comparing a Nissan Micra to Ferrari Enzo.

You know many rappers admit hes the best ever in smaller interviews too?. Like the interviews with rap magazines.

He has offered serious I mean serious money to the likes of Eminem Jay-Z all the other big names to battle rap him and they all refuse. Know they will get rinsed he will slaughter them.

He never became a household name as he has integrity; refuses to sell out and is a religious man non materialistic man. He cares not for money. Why should he?. He knows money cant buy one ounce of happiness.

Heres an example

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O5mSWLnJXY0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nP_2yE0AAlI

It started going downhill when toothpick and notoriously obese ended up representing thousands of miles of coastline. After 1994 intelligent rap about improving one's circumstances was replaced by diss tracks, bigging up the crib and hoes locked away in the shed. With all the verbal acuity of an insolent fourteen year old, and similar target market.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Your Snoopy dogg dogg and your Icey-T.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Check out Run the Jewels op.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

It's not even rap anymore, unless mumbling while off your t!ts on Xanax is considered rap nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Check out Run the Jewels op.

Run the Jewels are amazing. Listening to them them right now. Some killer tunes.

K-Rino is the greatest ever easily though in my opinion its why all the "big" rappers refuse to battle rap him. Know they will be killed.

Its a thing In America big name rappers battling each other literally tens of thousands for the winner in King of the Dot etc judged by other rappers. None go near K-Rino!. Run for the hills when he calls em out.
    He will destroy them and they know it. Eminen is one he called out many a time same for Jay-Z.

Real honour to meet him at show in London few year ago. Pure gentleman. Only musician I ever met I would say is genius. The mans intellect is truly staggering he remember dates times facts etc in staggering detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Because if any of these rappers or pseudoe rappers had any talent they'd be singing actual songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Run the Jewels are amazing. Listening to them them right now. Some killer tunes.

K-Rino is the greatest ever easily though in my opinion its why all the "big" rappers refuse to battle rap him. Know they will be killed.

Its a thing In America big name rappers battling each other literally tens of thousands for the winner in King of the Dot etc judged by other rappers. None go near K-Rino!. Run for the hills when he calls em out.
    He will destroy them and they know it. Eminen is one he called out many a time same for Jay-Z.

Real honour to meet him at show in London few year ago. Pure gentleman. Only musician I ever met I would say is genius. The mans intellect is truly staggering he remember dates times facts etc in staggering detail.
    He doesn’t hold a candle to Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

KungPao wrote: »

Nor 2pac even FFS...

:rolleyes:

:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Easy E is the greatest wrapper of all time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Rap has gone to the - toddlers man, it’s gone to the toddlers. Probably where it belongs. Crèche prince of bel eire type thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

KungPao wrote: »

And they to Vanilla Ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Because if any of these rappers or pseudoe rappers had any talent they'd be singing actual songs.

:rolleyes:

Dre 2pac are utter garbageI

Both are unreal, no rap fan would utter such a statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Not a big fan of mumble rap but 6ix9ine and Chief Keef are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

This thread reminds me of a scene from Futurama where Sir Mix-a-Lot is considered classical music.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭newirishman

To be honest, things went downhill from the days of the Sugar Hill Gang and RunDMC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Uk scene is where it’s at for me these days
    slow Thai
    Aitch
    AJ Tracey
    Krept & Konan
    Lloyd Luther
    Everyone You Know

First got into rap as a young lad sitting in digs listening to UCD radio during freshers week 1993, the played the first track from Home Invasion
    “If you are offended by words like ....take the tape out now, this is not a pop album,and by the way bleep my mudda ffin d”
    I was hooked

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

.. rap battles
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Lyan wrote: »
    This thread reminds me of a scene from Futurama where Sir Mix-a-Lot is considered classical music.

I’m waiting for this to come around again

d41996f338fe92be790cf5ccaadf875b.jpg

this time featuring a baseball cap at a jaunty angle and a big sovereign. Should really be any day now, but the hop don’t stop bein hip it seems. Also ~

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Liquid Swords by The Genius Gza is still the best hip hop album ever for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Tbh if the only to Hip hop artists you can name then you really know nothing about hip hop. You could of gone with NAS, considering he could destroy 2 pac..:pac:.

An Example of modern day hip hop would be Run The Jewls there sound there music is amazing in total there pretty good.

Easy E is the greatest wrapper of all time

is this post Ice Cube or pre Ice cube. Because Ice-cube had an intensity, that E could never beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Last good rap song was The Breaks by Kurtis Blow. Its has gone steeply downhill from there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Ah there is something for everybody in the rap game these days. The genre is big enough and old enough that no one artist or even group of artists represents. There is a whole spectrum softer, wholesome 'cheesy' pop stuff to harder 'kill yo moma just for having you' type murder raps and everything in between.
    Yizz are fooling yourselves and getting your nappies dirty for no reason if you think these clown face druggy teens are all that exists in the entire hip hop and rap scene. They might be all that the 15 year olds these days know of and are exposed to but there is still street level rappers so called keeping it real.

City Morgue anyone?
    https://youtu.be/1LYkWZrDVQo

Necro and Ill Bill still kick raps too.

Arghus wrote: »
    Your Snoopy dogg dogg and your Icey-T.

Your Ice Cubes and your Eazy-E s
    And the group that said muthaphuck the po-lice
    Y'all better listen up closely
    All you niggaz who said that i turned pop or the firm flopped
    Y'all know the reason that Dre been getting no sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Uk scene is where it’s at for me these days
    slow Thai
    Aitch
    AJ Tracey
    Krept & Konan
    Lloyd Luther
    Everyone You Know

First got into rap as a young lad sitting in digs listening to UCD radio during freshers week 1993, the played the first track from Home Invasion
    “If you are offended by words like ....take the tape out now, this is not a pop album,and by the way bleep my mudda ffin d”
    I was hooked

No stormzy? He may be the biggest name but he is also the most talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Chuck D is the best IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

snotboogie wrote: »
    No stormzy? He may be the biggest name but he is also the most talented.

Oh yeah have you heard the song with Aitch “Top Boy” on Heavy is the Head? Class

• Advertisement

EDit wrote: »
    Chuck D is the best IMO.

Good choice :cool:

I'd probably go with Rakim.

Advertisement