Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered from amazon.co.uk lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

we are a very small part of Amazons business so they have pushed our orders to the back of the queue

yup. it's just frustrating now to spend a large chunk of money on something, then waiting almost 2 weeks for delivery. I've tried sourcing some of the same things in ireland, and the cost difference or availability is miles apart, so stuck waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Waiting over a week now for a bag of weed from the UK. I was paying a bill in the post office the other day and the lady working there said it's taking some things a month from the UK. Apparently the sorting offices over there and here are far busier than Xmas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Amazon has gotten very slow alright.

On the other hand I ordered something online for the first time from Lifestyle Sports yesterday around lunchtime and it was delivered this morning!

I have gotten into the habit of relying on Amazon for online shopping but I'm going to make an effort to start using more local retailers.

I ordered from lifestyle sports too recently quickest delivery ive come across. Highly recommend..

Also Cummins sport in Cork They hsve included hand written notes thanking you for your custom at this time. Nice touch I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭This is it

I ordered from lifestyle sports too recently quickest delivery ive come across. Highly recommend..

Yep! Ordered Saturday afternoon and was here first thing Monday morning. Decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,955 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I ordered something 18 days ago on amazon.uk

This is what I saw when I look at the order

We'll e-mail you when we have a delivery date
    We'll dispatch your order as soon as possible.
    This usually happens when an item doesn't have a release date, it's pre-ordered, or it's out of stock.

Was I unlucky or is it a waste of time ordering anything off amazon these days because of the pandemic?

I canceled the order but might buy from a different seller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

pgj2015 wrote: »

This usually happens when an item doesn't have a release date, it's pre-ordered, or it's out of stock.

Was I unlucky or is it a waste of time ordering anything off amazon these days because of the pandemic?

Tried ordering a monitor from amazon.de/amazon.fr/amazon.co.uk and its all the same they arent even dispatching the items or giving even estimated shipping dates even waiting 3 weeks.

Honestly I've just reached the point that I wont get anything from amazon till the autumn as anything that you want that cant be bought here simply wont get shipped at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Infini wrote: »
    Tried ordering a monitor from amazon.de/amazon.fr/amazon.co.uk and its all the same they arent even dispatching the items or giving even estimated shipping dates even waiting 3 weeks.

Honestly I've just reached the point that I wont get anything from amazon till the autumn as anything that you want that cant be bought here simply wont get shipped at all.

Remember a lot of stuff is made in China and they were shut down. Lot of electronics are out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

You were either unlucky or else you didn't notice when you bought it that it wasn't currently in stock. I order stuff off Amazon every other day and haven't had this happen yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

spookwoman wrote: »
    Remember a lot of stuff is made in China and they were shut down. Lot of electronics are out of stock

No these item's are in stock as they're amazon warehouse items. They simply are flat out not shipping things it seems from Europe.

Infini wrote: »
    No these item's are in stock as they're amazon warehouse items. They simply are flat out not shipping things it seems from Europe.

Odd, many electronics, dvd's, clothes been ordered from amazon in the last week or so in the house and nothing like no lead times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

spookwoman wrote: »
    Odd, many electronics, dvd's, clothes been ordered from amazon in the last week or so in the house and nothing like no lead times.

Do people still buy DVDs?

Kerry25x wrote: »

yep, and bluerays, usually the old westerns and odd scifi that you cant get elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Kerry25x wrote: »

I do. Mostly archive television shows. Films - usually Blu Ray.
    Most of what I am interested in is not available on Netflix - plus it's nice to own it rather than renting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Is anybody else getting notification emails with orders that only list the price, but not the actual item itself ?
    This seems to be a recent change

I find this really annoying as you can't verify the order without clicking on the link to open the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Is anybody else getting notification emails with orders that only list the price, but not the actual item itself ?

I find this really annoying as you can't verify the order without clicking on the link to open the order.

they've been doing that for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Maybe I just got lucky but I ordered a few things on the 18th and they all arrived this morning. I ordered something off Pigsback(which I believe is Irish) at the beginning of April and it only got here last week. Certainly not seeing the Amazon bias against Irish orders that some were claiming.

Ordered 22 May- expected date June 4th- has yet to dispatch-at least it’s coming directly to my door as opposed to parcel motel which could take another week or so to arrive. If it does arrive by June 4th it just shows how long things are taking to the dispatch stage

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

From what I can tell any heavy or oversized items (like TVs) are just not shipping at all. They get stuck at 'waiting for dispatch' and never progress. I've contacted the customer support repeatedly about this but get nowhere.

I've ordered a few smaller things that ship fine, if a little slower than the normal 1-2 day prime delivery time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

deconduo wrote: »
    From what I can tell any heavy or oversized items (like TVs) are just not shipping at all. They get stuck at 'waiting for dispatch' and never progress. I've contacted the customer support repeatedly about this but get nowhere.

I've ordered a few smaller things that ship fine, if a little slower than the normal 1-2 day prime delivery time.

I had a 27 inch monitor delivered this week Amazon Prime with An Post. About 10 days to get picked (may not have been in stock) then 3 days from when they said it was sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Maybe I just got lucky but I ordered a few things on the 18th and they all arrived this morning. I ordered something off Pigsback(which I believe is Irish) at the beginning of April and it only got here last week. Certainly not seeing the Amazon bias against Irish orders that some were claiming.

You would have had those items on the 19th or 20th if you were in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,973 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I ordered something to my folks house in the north, arrived in 2 days.
    Same item it would have taken 10 days...doesn't make a huge amount of sense

Set incognito mode chrome with address just across the border in North. Delivery by 2nd June

Change to my address in Ireland, delivery 9th june. thats a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

deadl0ck wrote: »

Or the latest that only lists a bit of the address

John
    Newbridge
    Irland

But when you go into it, the full address appears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

A lot of their CS support appears to have shifted from Ireland and the UK to the Philippines.

They used be proactive problem solvers who'd look after you really well. Now if there's an issue, responses seem generic and in many cases frustrating and just downright shoddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Is it a heavy item?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Set incognito mode chrome with address just across the border in North. Delivery by 2nd June

Change to my address in Ireland, delivery 9th june. thats a mess.

Same here ridiculous, wonder are they just testing what the market will bear, if enough people order, complaining and cancel they might cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,955 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Is it a heavy item?

A duvet.

I ordered from a different company since.

Same here ridiculous, wonder are they just testing what the market will bear, if enough people order, complaining and cancel they might cop on.

I contacted customer service and complained and they kept saying it was due to pandemic.

I showed the example between NI and Ireland delivery times and after ten minutes, he gave me one month prime refunded and said would refer the issue on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭This is it

I got a month prime refunded very easily. I said 2-3 times that while I understand there's a pandemic, they advertise faster delivery with prime and I wasn't getting faster times but standard times the same as those that didn't pay for prime. I got a few excuses but all in all about 10 messages between us both and I was refunded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

This is it wrote: »
    I got a month prime refunded very easily. I said 2-3 times that while I understand there's a pandemic, they advertise faster delivery with prime and I wasn't getting faster times but standard times the same as those that didn't pay for prime. I got a few excuses but all in all about 10 messages between us both and I was refunded.

Just got the same. They offered €7 origanally and upped that to a month refunded when I pushed it.

Edit. The last straw for me was ordering something yesterday that said 1 day delivery, but when I ordered with my Irish address tracking says 12 June delivery.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Advertisement