Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4All retailers

Options
  • 21-05-2020 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any recommendations for anywhere decent to use a one4all voucher these days? Amazon not an option any more, can't return and pay €8 because of where they came from. Looks like they are limited to €50 per online transaction now too? No Supervalu near me to take them and looks like Tescos have stopped...

Are there any decent retailers that sell a wide range of stuff left accepting it? DID or Arnotts are the only ones that jump out and they're pricey enough normally and I don't need appliances etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Lucan123

Some Argos are open now. You must reserve the item before you enter the store but you can pay as normal at the cash desk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Argos is a good call, had forgotten about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I see woodies have stopped accepting them. It appears there is a big commission on them and the shops are hitting back.
    I spoke to a travel company at the Holiday Show and they told me that while listed as a partner, they stopped but they kept advertising their name as participating.
    I use them in in argos and DID, useful for big ticket items. Last year cassidy travel told me they accepted them but was down to negotiation due to the fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Arnotts

cool cheers, Argos it is I think. Arnotts is just extortionate every time I'm in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Littlewoods also take them

Don’t they have a new type card since January so the €50 limit no longer applies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tigerlily04

Sports direct also accepts them.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

hots wrote: »
    Anyone got any recommendations for anywhere decent to use a one4all voucher these days? Amazon not an option any more, can't return and pay €8 because of where they came from. Looks like they are limited to €50 per online transaction now too? No Supervalu near me to take them and looks like Tescos have stopped...

Are there any decent retailers that sell a wide range of stuff left accepting it? DID or Arnotts are the only ones that jump out and they're pricey enough normally and I don't need appliances etc...

Tesco stopped taking them??
    When??
    It still shows on the One4All website that they do!

I can't remember where I saw it I'm afraid, it was on r/ireland on reddit I think. It used to be a way to convert to Amazon vouchers (buy them in Tesco with the one4all)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Amazon stopped accepting them also around a year and a half ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Tesco stopped taking them??
    When??
    It still shows on the One4All website that they do!

Don't rely on their list of retailers. I've just checked and they still list a shop that closed about 15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I got one as a gift recently and will be getting another one from our car insurer as a rebate during Covid. The list of retailers isn't great for me either.
    My home insurance is up for renewal soon and An Post insurance accept them so I might use them for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Used one4all vouchers twice in Tesco this week. The self serve machine doesn’t take them so go to a till with an actual person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Any decent alternatives to One4All for general public? as Perx etc require you to be a business to avail of one.

One4All are fairly rubbish and their reviews on TrustPilot are absolutely terrible.

Looking to buy one for partner but the whole €50 max online is crap, not to mention I received one from FBD and it's failed to work online and in a number of stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,275 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Have you tried Me2You?
    https://www.me2you.ie/

They have a limit of €150 but a lot of that is down to government legislation on money laundering.

O'Briens wine is usually my goto place for spending them (wine only).
    Online I think I've used them with Boots, M&S.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Have you tried Me2You?
    https://www.me2you.ie/

They have a limit of €150 but a lot of that is down to government legislation on money laundering.

O'Briens wine is usually my goto place for spending them (wine only).
    Online I think I've used them with Boots, M&S.

Whats the max you can spend online with it? I read the FAQ's and terms and conditions on website but they don't appear to reveal that.

Cheers though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,275 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Whats the max you can spend online with it? I read the FAQ's and terms and conditions on website but they don't appear to reveal that. Cheers though

Good question, I couldn't find that myself on the site... I'm afraid my max spend online with the recent card was €50.

I spent €100 with Swirl Card but that was a company card also.
    https://www.swirlcard.com/benefits_online_shopping.php

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Any decent alternatives to One4All for general public? as Perx etc require you to be a business to avail of one.

One4All are fairly rubbish and their reviews on TrustPilot are absolutely terrible.

Looking to buy one for partner but the whole €50 max online is crap, not to mention I received one from FBD and it's failed to work online and in a number of stores.

The €50 limit is an eu limit and applies to all gift cards that do not have a track/trace.

I'd never mind trustpilot - usually its disgruntled people who never read what they bought (monthly fee applies after 12 months)

the me2you cards are far more widely accepted.

Advertisement