Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery from Germany with DHL Post

Options
  • 29-04-2020 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi,
    Hoping someone may shine some light on this. I ordered something from Germany recently and got an email on Friday 17th April telling me the item was successfully delivered. See the attached picture.

It didn't arrive so I thought I'd leave it over the weekend in case a neighbour received it, but no joy.

I rang DHL couriers on Monday 20th April but they told me it wasnt their package and that it was DHL Post in Germany and they hand it over to An Post in Ireland.

They said the delivery on 17th April was probably to An Post so I left it another week and got in touch with An Post on Monday 27th and they said they didn't receive the item yet and that is probably still on its way to Ireland.

This might be the case as I imagine things are going slower at the moment - does this seem normal and should I wait for another few days or should I contact the seller and ask them to chase it up.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭The Gibmiester

I'm stilling waiting on a parcel that left Germany with DHL over a week ago. Still hasn't showed up on An Post tracking so I can only assume it's somewhere in between Germany and Ireland.

Did yours arrive @dp639?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

Mine never left Germany and it went back to the sender. They resent it and it arrived quickly.

Does the Germany DHL tracking show a handover to An Post? My original one didn't, the second one did and after 2 days I was able to track the order on the An Post site.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

DHL is the German post office they also have a separate entity dhl express which is what we have over here so if someone in Germany sends through the post office in Germany it will end up with an post over here if they send with dhl express in Germany then it ends up with dhl express over here which is normally a next day service unless sent using the 3 day road service cheaper option .Anyway I have a question for you guys has anyone used the amazon Germany site and if I purchase something on it will they ship to Ireland have found a really good deal that’s not listed on amazon.ie but is listed on amazon.de.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

There is also DHL Parcel/Packet which they ship to Ireland and An Post deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭The Gibmiester

Mine arrived a few days later, 12 days in total. The DHL and An Post tracking were both updated but it didn't show where the package was in between (if anywhere), so not sure where the bottleneck is.

I have another parcel with a similar status, as does a friend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The gap is usually the trucking from Germany. Normally daily, but presumably a lot less frequent at the moment

Advertisement