Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awful experience dealing with Wish.com

Options
  • 21-05-2020 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

I placed orders for e200 worth of stuff in January, which I never received (presumably due to issues with deliveries / Covid). I asked for a refund to my debit card and was told I'd receive the refund in account credit. I then received emails that orders had been placed for random items which I had not ordered so I had to cancel these. I've now tried to use the account credit to buy stuff and they're asking me for proof of ID.

Getting this message when I try to talk to someone on customer care chat - "Your account has been flagged for abuse of our Return Policy. Shoppers who abuse our generous return and refund policy negatively impact the entire platform including other shoppers. In the meantime, you will still be allowed to make purchases and we look forward to continuing to serve your shopping needs. If you feel this block does not accurately reflect the state of your account and are able to provide more evidence on the nature of your refund requests, you can appeal your block here."

I'm so annoyed! I'm e200 down and being accused of being a fraud!

It's next to impossible to get talking to an actual person to get this resolved. Emails are ignored. What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Wow, I'm surprised at this.

Their fine array of Chinese made crotchless pants, umbrella hats and inflatable sex dolls led me to believe that they were a high-brow company!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭katie275

Oh you're funny :rolleyes:

Seriously though, just do a charge back with whoever you have the debitcard with.

Can I do that easily enough? Just a matter of contacting my bank?

Surprised at that. I know people that regularly order stuff-->receive it -->claim it never arrived -->get refund

• Advertisement

katie275 wrote: »
    Can I do that easily enough? Just a matter of contacting my bank?

Yep and request a transaction dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Did you pay with Paypal? I had a similar issue with items not arriving around Christmas. Wish have woeful customer service but the Paypal dispute was very easy and I got the full amount back (even though 2 items out of 6 had arrived and I only requested a refund for the balance).

I used a debit card, I'm phoning the bank now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I also closed my account with them once I got my money back, cheap stuff just isn't worth the hassle.

So I'm just off the phone to my bank, I'm just outside the 120 day chargeback period but she took all the details and said she'll try her best. If it can be done, they then have 20 days to dispute the chargeback. Lesson learned :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement