Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential tip for eBay users

Options
  • 12-05-2020 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,121 ✭✭✭✭

This is something I have noticed over the last 12 months or so on eBay, and it may potentially save you some money and get you a better deal.

Often when I browse items, or even put them into my WATCH lists, then forget about them, I could get an email maybe a few days later, or right up to a couple of weeks later, offering me the item with a price reduction.

Not sure how it works, perhaps the sellers have a system where they record who is interested and viewed their item, then if they don't buy it, after a set time it takes 10% or whatever off the price to try to entice you to buy it?

But over the last year I have received some decent discounts. Just last week I was offered 75 quid off a tv I had viewed. Think it was 399 originally . So you can see there might be the chance to save a bit.

So if you aren't in a hurry to get something and perhaps want it, have a look and wait a week to see if you get offered a discount on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

In a similar vein the Keepa extension for Amazon is fantastic. The graph gives a full price history over time so you can set it to email you when the product falls to its lowest ever price or its 3 month or 6 month lowest, etc. Have used it a few times and generally a product will hit some low price every 10-12 weeks.

Advertisement