Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ZiabR wrote: »
    I have both, love a good RTS. I would jump to HW2 because it looks and plays very well and it is now in 4K and HDR. That being said the story in HW1 is better I think.

If you plan to play competitively then there is a steep enough learning curve but it can be great. I played quite a bit of 3v3 ranked.

I really enjoyed playing through both, but HW1 is fugly in parts, even though it's been updated.

Thanks, I'll skip straight to HW2, time is short :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Does anyone remember Driver, San Fran for 360 being on game pass?
    I have it installed on my machine, but when I go to play it, it seems that I don't own it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Does anyone remember Driver, San Fran for 360 being on game pass?
    I have it installed on my machine, but when I go to play it, it seems that I don't own it. :D

Not sure, Rocket League has now been added though.

Great game, have it already though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭amber2

Bought a digital Code for rocket league from CDKeys have installed it but when kids go to launch game it’s saying they need Xbox Game Pass, they have Xbox Live but not game pass do they need this to play rocket league please..... thanks.

Bought a digital Code for rocket league from CDKeys have installed it but when kids go to launch game it’s saying they need Xbox Game Pass, they have Xbox Live but not game pass do they need this to play rocket league please..... thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

amber2 wrote: »

No, you own it outright. Have you redeemed the code on the relevant amount rather then just purchased it?

No, you own it outright. Have you redeemed the code on the relevant amount rather then just purchased it?

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/rocket-league-xbox-one?utm_currency=EUR&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInszF1NuW3AIVrL_tCh1jWQK4EAQYAiABEgKwb_D_BwE

Thanks a mill for the reply Eagerbeaver, I haven’t a notion, above is what I bought and boys input the code & installed but it doesn’t appear to work.

Edit : thanks everyone for the replies I appreciate the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/rocket-league-xbox-one?utm_currency=EUR&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInszF1NuW3AIVrL_tCh1jWQK4EAQYAiABEgKwb_D_BwE

Thanks a mill for the reply Eagerbeaver, I haven’t a notion, above is what I bought and boys input the code & installed but
    It doesn’t appear to work.

If you go through the Xbox, or Xbox/Microsoft website to "redeem a code" it should work and you'll have access to the game. If that doesn't work, there's a problem with the code and you should go back to cdkeys.

Thanks a mill for the reply Eagerbeaver, I haven’t a notion, above is what I bought and boys input the code & installed but
    It doesn’t appear to work.

Is the Xbox set as the Home console for the account that redeemed the code, that can affect other accounts from accessing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's a problem that keeps cropping up, which has to be incredibly frustrating for anyone it affects.

They've added Rocket league to Gamepass, and in the process, it screws up the licensing for a small amount of people who legitimately own the game. Contact Microsoft Support, or wait a day or two, and it'll get fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

Any cheap deals going for gamepass?

Any cheap deals going for gamepass?

You just missed a 6 month game pass for €30 deal by a few weeks.

Cheapest atm is 6 months for €42. Select buy as gift and choose 6 month game pass, then email it to yourself.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass/cfq7ttc0k6l8/0001?wa=wsignin1.0

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

bollocks, went on holidays and forgot to buy beforehand.

• Advertisement

Is the Xbox set as the Home console for the account that redeemed the code, that can affect other accounts from accessing it.

Set box to home console, uninstalled and reinstalled and it’s working thanks to everyone who took the time to reply, appreciate it.... kids were driving me nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

If there's anyone on here who has yet to try Game Pass, I have a code for a 30 day trial I'm not using. Just thank this post if interested and I'll pick someone from an imaginary hat in a while.

Code won't work if you've used Game Pass previously either through normal sub or a trial so only good if you're a first timer.

If everyone on here already has an account I'll throw it up on Games Giveaway thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

skerry wrote: »
    If there's anyone on here who has yet to try Game Pass, I have a code for a 30 day trial I'm not using. Just thank this post if interested and I'll pick someone from an imaginary hat in a while.

Now I know where my imaginary hat went! :o

amadablam wrote: »
    Now I know where my imaginary hat went! :o

amadablam right now:

IMG_20150521_0025_NEW.jpg

The books you end up reading when you get kids.

CatInABox wrote: »

The books you end up reading when you get kids.

You haven't lived until you've read I want my hat back or This is not my hat from the same author :)

• Advertisement

Code won't work if you've used Game Pass previously either through normal sub or a trial so only good if you're a first timer.

If everyone on here already has an account I'll throw it up on Games Giveaway thread.

It seems everyone on here is an imaginary hat wearing, life long Game Pass subscriber who has no use for a free code so I'm sticking this up on Games Giveaway Thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

It seems everyone on here is an imaginary hat wearing, life long Game Pass subscriber who has no use for a free code so I'm sticking this up on Games Giveaway Thread ;)

6zAt.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Kenjataimu wrote: »

Yeah, using the buy as gift 6 month Pass from xbox.com it would cost €6.99 per month. Using that Prime deal the monthly cost would be £5.26/~€5.99.

There was a better deal for 6 months for £24 for E3 last month but doubt that will be up again soon. Not bad for 9 months though especially if your considering buying the the likes of FH4 or Gear 5 which will be up on release.

Doing 3 months game pass for 9.99 in MS store at the moment which is a great deal

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass/cfq7ttc0k6l8/0005

Edit: think it might be just for new users though and won't stack to existing. Still great intro offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

Doing 3 months game pass for 9.99 in MS store at the moment which is a great deal

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-game-pass/cfq7ttc0k6l8/0005

Edit: think it might be just for new users though and won't stack to existing. Still great intro offer

I wonder could you buy it 4 times and get a year or is it only a buy once thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Well if you try to purchase as a gift you get the regular price.
    I was just taking a look at it there and 3 months is €29.97 and 6 months is €41.94

3 months is €9.99 on the IE store when you aren't signed in.
    Then after sign in, goes back to €9.99 per month.

Must be an offer for people who don't have it already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

There was a better deal for 6 months for £24 for E3 last month but doubt that will be up again soon. Not bad for 9 months though especially if your considering buying the the likes of FH4 or Gear 5 which will be up on release.

Sorry I've not heard this but are you saying that Gears of War 5 is going to be released on Game Pass?

Is there a list on games coming out on Game Pass?

• Advertisement

xPixelx wrote: »
    Sorry I've not heard this but are you saying that Gears of War 5 is going to be released on Game Pass?

All Microsoft developed games will be added to Games Pass on release, including Gears of War 5, Forza Horizon 4, etc.

It's gone from being an OK service for catching up, to being near essential.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,394 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

xPixelx wrote: »

You can take it as a given any Xbox exclusive from here on out will be. Gears 5, Crackdown 3, the next Halo, Forza etc will all be on Game Pass from launch.

Jesus You know now that you guys say it I remember reading that about Microsoft developed games but for some reason I had a brain fart about Gears 5 developers, that's going to be a sweet deal I've played the some of the exclusive release's of games they hype up on game pass but to be honest they have been very unpolished, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2 at least with Gears 5 its going to be super polished love the gears series

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

It's turned out to be, as Cat said, practically essential.

I was watching the Forza 4 demo at the latest E3 thinking "Wow, that looks amazing. I need to play that as soon as if comes out. But €60 odd quid!?!....oh wait"

I think its gradually finding its legs to be honest when it first came out I used the free month or what ever it was to get a discount and thought is that all this feature is going to be there for.. I then bought 6 months sub because of the hype of SoT and SoD2 but both games have had very rough starts and again my thoughts have been what is this just for old games/half tested non ready for release games/discounts but as you guys said the real gem is if those big titles land on it, it would be silly not to have game pass.

One of the issue I've seen people complain about is that because people don't fully buy the game there is a lack of care from the players playing and he/she starts trolling in game, abusing players because they haven't followed the game or excited about the game release or even that sense of care after spending €60 on a game they get it for free (game pass).

Have the games being added for August been announced yet?

1st of August and no announcement of games being added?

1st of August and no announcement of games being added?

Hitman GOTY Season 1 is on Games Pass now, which is a phenomenal game.

For anyone that hasn't played any of the free levels or anything, take your time going through the game, replay levels trying different things. For me, the aim was to get the "mastery" for each stage up to 20, unlocking everything on the way. And yes, the silenced auto shotgun is amazing.

Also amazing is the simple act of throwing stuff. Lock on, throw. No need to aim properly or anything, skulling some guy from across the room with a billiard ball is a great feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

seems Ryse is also added.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

ryse, hitman, not showing on game pass yet........

ziggyman17 wrote: »

Looks like they're just having some issues with it, give it a day or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

ziggyman17 wrote: »

Got ryse but no hitman yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

gmg678 wrote: »
    seems Ryse is also added.
    Sequel confirmed!

Also, 1+1=5?

Rumours on Reddit that Doom (2016) will be coming to Game Pass tomorrow, 10. August 2018.

It seems to be base on a screenshot of a promotional e-mail. No official word, though, so it'll be a 'wait and see if it's true' or just some kid with too much time on their hands and basic photoshop skills.

• Advertisement

Rumours on Reddit that Doom (2016) will be coming to Game Pass tomorrow, 10. August 2018.

It seems to be base on a screenshot of a promotional e-mail. No official word, though, so it'll be a 'wait and see if it's true' or just some kid with too much time on their hands and basic photoshop skills.

Confirmed... Doom 2016 and Rage are now in Game Pass

Confirmed... Doom 2016 and Rage are now in Game Pass

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Frightened Inmate No.2

Graveyard Keeper was just added, I'm glad about that too as I was about to buy it on Steam, money saved! Woo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,304 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This is really good.
    I am new to xbox so a great way to try lots of games.
    Anyone any they recommend?
    I tried Fallout 4 and really enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Any game pass deals going on at the mo?

• Advertisement
Advertisement