Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked... bargains only....

Options
  • 26-05-2003 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So all, who is the cheapest, bought mine a couple of years ago and have been upping it myself but mate wants one and I will be getting it for him. Where do I go for a cheap but decent full kit ?

Thanks,

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

how much has he got to spend??

i personally am a dell whore, support isnt great but i like their puters

i have a dell inspiron 4150 laptop and dell dimension 4550 desktop, great machines and have 3 yr warranty on both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

http://www.carrerassc.co.uk
    Quite a bit of bang for your buck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Would you consider building it yourself? Or with your mate?

Can shop around places like www.komplett.ie www.overclockers.co.uk and www.tekheads.co.uk

You can get some serious performance for your money that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

the medion machines aldi sell are pretty spliffy, good kit for a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Yeah, I got a Medion Machine from Aldi that I actually have for sale if you are interested. The reason Im selling is because I need to get a new high spec machine from the UK to do video editing with! No-one in Ireland builds them!

My initial intention was to use this machine as it has an excellent spec See attached link - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93164&highlight=titanium

Let me know if you are interested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

For parts try cpu city (they were selling athlon 3000+ for 300euro less than komplett, don't know if that's changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

who and where are Cpu city? website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

http://www.cpucity.co.uk/

I don't like when people say it, but... google is your friend! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Nice one Fidelis but i could respond by Since the very nature of this forum is to tell us where to find stuff cheaply.. if we wanted to Google for parts we would simply do so.

I did not use google in this case for that very reason.. everyone else posted links so i was encouraging you to do the same :D You did so im all happy now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Originally posted by Doodee
    the medion machines aldi sell are pretty spliffy, good kit for a good price.

ALDI sell computers? you serious?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Ohh yeh, and on topic > www.komplett.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Originally posted by Elem
    ALDI sell computers? you serious?

Eh hello ? They are (in)famous for it !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Sorry guys read the rules..

Let keep on topic... post only bargains you find... not bargains you are loking for... I'd like to keep things stay on track

Locked...

Vex...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement