Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywood Actor Jussie Smollett Facing Prison Time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,652 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

not EVERY person that was at the rally was a white supremacist

Not every person at white supremacist rally was a white supremacist.

What the fook were they, weird tourists?

But back to when he lied about knowing about the ex Grand Wizard of the KKK and wouldn't disavow his endorsement.

Any comments, no, no, and gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I musta missed out on this "white supremacist rally". Was there big signs or something saying "white supremacist rally here"?

I know there was a protest about the removal of a historical statue alright.:confused:

Ush1 wrote: »
    I musta missed out on this "white supremacist rally". Was there big signs or something saying "white supremacist rally here"?

I know there was a protest about the removal of a historical statue alright.:confused:

History eh?

image.jpg

That guy just loves "history" I'd say.

I think he means the Unite the Right rally which in fairness had a huge amount of White Supremacists present.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    But back to when he lied about knowing about the ex Grand Wizard of the KKK and wouldn't disavow his endorsement.

Any comments, no, no, and gone?

Why would I comment? I said you were being disingenuous by claiming that the President of the USA won't condemn the KKK.

He did condemn the KKK.

You were being disingenuous.

History eh?

image.jpg

That guy just loves "history" I'd say.

He might well do?:confused:

I actually got that wrong. When looking back I see he said that he condemned the violence that took place on many sides and people lost their **** because he didn't just mention the people at the rally and leave the "peace loving" BLM/Antifa activists alone.

He might well do?:confused:

Maybe like this guy.

I think he means the Unite the Right rally which in fairness had a huge amount of White Supremacists present.

I've no idea, the mental gymnastics and whataboutery to absolve this lying scumbag Smollett knows no bounds.

• Advertisement

I've no idea, the mental gymnastics and whataboutery to absolve this lying scumbag Smollett knows no bounds.
    The lunatic that concocted this story can be fired out of cannon for all I care

computer-says-no-gif-3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Because it wasn't advertised as one. Anyone who did any research into the event would know this. Many people turned up in protest (either for or against) the removal of statues and found themselves caught up in something they wanted no part of.

Of course certain media figures and politicians (and even film makers - Spike Lee I'm looking at you) were only delighted to try and use what happened to sew further fear hatred and division. Trump wanted to try and protect innocent people who had gotten caught up in the events (some of whom were viciously slandered and targetted). Granted his choice of words could have been better. But please understand there are oh so many people willing to pounce, people who have zero interest in peace and harmony, people who want to capitalise on any fear that is there for their own personal gain or out of a sick desire to see things burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The modern day KKK has less than 4000 members and no central leadership. It consists of small independent chapters dotted around the south and mid west. Basically unemployed rednecks who drink beer in their back gardens and play dress up at the weekends.

They're no longer a force a should not even be acknowledged in 2019.

This isn't the era of the Dixiecrat Klan, who actually had national power and influence.

manual_man wrote: »
    Because it wasn't advertised as one. Anyone who did any research into the event would know this. Many people turned up in protest (either for or against) the removal of statues and found themselves caught up in something they wanted no part of.

Of course certain media figures and politicians (and even film makers - Spike Lee I'm looking at you) were only delighted to try and use what happened to sew further fear hatred and division. Trump wanted to try and protect innocent people who had gotten caught up in the events (some of whom were viciously slandered and targetted). Granted his choice of words could have been better. But please understand there are oh so many people willing to pounce, people who have zero interest in peace and harmony, people who want to capitalise on any fear that is there for their own personal gain or out of a sick desire to see things burn.

Yeah I have heard of this phenomenon, used be called bullshít. Now it's called....

alternative-facts-300x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Candace nails it on just how victim focused today's liberals are. It's their currency of choice.

Yeah I have heard of this phenomenon, used be called bullshít. Now it's called....

Yeah you're right, it's much more likely that he was promoting white supremacy.
    Just like he never condemned the KKK.

Fond of the aul "alternative fact" yourself.

Anyway, Jussie Smollett is a race baiting, manipulative, disgrace of a man. The celebrities who fell in behind him in their virtue signalling droves should have learned a lesson from this but I doubt that they have and am sure we will see them jump on the next "victim-du-jour" bandwagon as long as it is Anti-Trump, has a fancy hashtag and can be used to point out that other people have more privilege.

No need to wait for proof or facts. Always assume the worst.

#ibelievejussie

Yeah you're right, it's much more likely that he was promoting white supremacy.
    Just like he never condemned the KKK.

Not never, he did hilariously pretend he didn't know who they were and accepted their endorsement trying to win an election, but you know that don't you?
    The celebrities who fell in behind him in their virtue signalling droves should have learned a lesson from this

That includes The Donald right?
    President Donald Trump on Thursday called the attack on “Empire” star Jussie Smollett “horrible,” condemning the assault by individuals who the actor alleged referenced the president’s campaign slogan as they attacked him.

Smollett, who is black and openly gay, was attacked in Chicago just after 2:30 a.m. Tuesday, the Chicago Tribune reported, by two people who also poured an unknown chemical substance on the actor and wrapped a rope around his neck before fleeing the scene. The two assailants also allegedly yelled racial and homophobic slurs during the attack.

Police are investigating the episode as a potential hate crime.

It doesn’t get worse, as far as I’m concerned,” Trump said of the attack during an Oval Office exchange with the White House press pool on Thursday.

Or maybe, this sad prick just duped everyone?

Candace nails it and just how victim focused today's liberals are. It's their currency of choice.

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1098685900681166848

Is she the "internet star" and conspiracy theorist who claimed CNN and "the left" sent the parcel bombs to themselves?

Fooking grade A nobody nut.

Or maybe, this sad prick just duped everyone?

But I thought Donald hated black people and loved the KKK? All so confusing considering his condemnation of this supposed assault.

But I thought Donald hated black people

Does he? First I heard of it. :confused:

• Advertisement

Does he? First I heard of it. :confused:

Why else would he not condemn the KKK?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

So you have nothing to say with regards to her point then, just want to call her names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

All of this for a pay raise.

Why else would he not condemn the KKK?

Ah you know, Votes, he was trying win an election to be fair to him. It wasn't that he wouldn't condemn them, he pretended he didn't know what they are.

I hope he isn't in fact a racist, but then again you wouldn't know long before he became president he was no stranger to whipping up the crazies himself.

Why Trump Doubled Down on the Central Park Five

So you have nothing to say with regards to her point then, just want to call her names.

I didn't listen to it.

I tend not to indulge conspiracy theorists, some of that crazy shít could take hold in me.

I'd Be careful, if I were you.

Ah you know, Votes, he was trying win an election to be fair to him. It wasn't that he wouldn't condemn them, he pretended he didn't know what they are.

I hope he isn't in fact a racist, but then again you wouldn't know long before he became president he was no stranger to whipping up the crazies himself.

Why Trump Doubled Down on the Central Park Five

Interesting, so he did it all for attention in a vague tinfoil hat sense, to bring it all full circle, the very same reason Smollett did his little shindig.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

Stuff like this case seems to happen a lot in the USA (and elsewhere).

http://www.fakehatecrimes.org/

Interesting, so he did it all for attention in a vague tinfoil hat sense, to bring it all full circle, the very same reason Smollett did his little shindig.

I'm pretty sure he did it for monetary gain.

Or at least that's what the police have said.

As for why Trump tried to stoke up a race war, fook knows exactly why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

All of this for a pay raise.

Pretty much. Getting $100k per episode with the latest season being 18 episodes so a cool $1.8m before taxes. He's not even the lead and was getting that kind of pay. I am sure there are plenty of talented SAG signed and subscribed actors who would bite your hand off for a gig like that without feeling the need to concoct a ludicrously inept attention seeking criminal plot just to foster publicity come fee negotiation time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Her points are awful. Implying that Kapernick has perpetrated a "hoax" similarly to Smollett for one thing. Oh I don't agree with someone's stance on racism. I'll just say it's a hoax to link them to an actual hoax perpetrated by someone else. She's hardly the smartest cookie in the box.

But worst of all is that her two.main points are completely hypocritical. Criticising victim culture then claiming black people are victims of the left. So she's perpetrating victim culture. Awful awful stuff.

Advertisement