Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish couple in Albuferia kidnapped at gunpoint and robbed

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Joe Duffy is to blame here for highlighting this without any proof or whatnot.

The Insurance won't pay compo because kidnap at gunpoint was not included in the policy. Go figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Joe Duffy is to blame here for highlighting this without any proof or whatnot.

The Insurance won't pay compo because kidnap at gunpoint was not included in the policy. Go figure.
    As was ever other news outlet that published the story, the journal, the mirror, the independent and others. It seems journalists aren’t capable of doing a bit of research before publishing a story. I suppose it doesn’t matter once it’s a sensational headline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

enricoh wrote: »
    There was a few tourists done by the cops in brazil for making up robberies iirc. Looking for a quick payout from the insurance industry to keep the good times going!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lochtegate

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

enricoh wrote: »
    There was a few tourists done by the cops in brazil for making up robberies iirc. Looking for a quick payout from the insurance industry to keep the good times going!

Was that Ryan Lochte and co. during the Rio Olympics? They were charged with making false reports, but the case was later dismissed.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/court-dismisses-ryan-lochte-false-robbery-report-case-35934671.html

Edit: Collie D got in before me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

pablo128 wrote: »
    Yeah and freeze to death. And instead of being robbed by Roma you get robbed by hoteliers and publicans in Ireland.

I have been on 'the strip' in Albufeira a few times. It doesn't strike you as the kind of place you would get kidnapped from, which makes this case a bit more unusual.

I was only there once....on my own. Walked up the strip and noticed a guy following me. I ducked in somewhere and lost him but Ive no doubt I was being targeted for mugging or whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Artists sketch of the gang leader
    Fbmx1KG.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fbmx1KG.jpg?1

Are they his own teeth, or is he breaking them in for a horse ^^^^:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

so the guy in the sketch robbed the couple and kidnapped Madeline McCann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Cockadoodledoo

Duvetdays wrote: »

That’s what I thought too :D

A sketchy sketch artist

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Fbmx1KG.jpg?1

Jaysus! It appears that George Harrison is the culprit.

220px-George_Harrison_1974_edited.jpg

Duvetdays wrote: »

Judging by the clothes and haircut, back in the 1970's before any of them were born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Similiar thing happening to countless Left Wing bloggers and backpackers hiking across the Middle East and Africa.

Notice how nearly all of these Left Wing backpackers post on social media on how "the world is one and all we need to do to get along is to accept and love one another and Iam going to prove how true this is". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Everytime I go away this type of thing never happens to me no matter what type of local of sh1thole I end up in

Must be doing something wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

mzungu wrote: »
    Jaysus! It appears that George Harrison is the culprit.

220px-George_Harrison_1974_edited.jpg

That sketch has always reminded me of someone.

Nailed it!

Advertisement