Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This one tip to get away with drunk driving...solicitors hate it

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jhenno78

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Ambulances are over the weight limit for a normal car licence with all the equipment in them.
    Its a C licence you need for an ambulance.

Not a C1 license?
    I'd guess that's what they're calling a van license - it's what you'd need (or C1E) to drive a few van-ish things out there or any large van with a trailer.

(I mean a C would cover it too, just a pain to get)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

touts wrote: »
    Surely this applies to every crime. Break the spead limit in the getaway car and you're home free because the guards probably can't chase you, the Garda helicopter is more than likely hours away on another job and we have pretty much no CCTV in this country. You'd want to be fairly unlucky to get caught. And let's assume the unqualified guard chasing you decides to do his job and breaks the speed limit chasing you I assume some bastard lawyer will get you off on the technicality that the guard wasn't legally entitled to chase you. Believe me solicitors won't hate this. It'll help them keep more criminals out on the streets repeat offending so they can pay off that 191 BMW a few weeks earlier.

The Irish justice industry "Keeping criminals on the streets since 1922".

Drink driving is special in that it is not what is defined as an arrestable offence under law. What this means in practice is once you are in the door of your house then you cannot be arrested for drink driving.

listermint wrote: »
    Then get 5 more instructor's and clear the backlog over the next 3 years

Wouldn't make a dint. What they should do is lessen the gap between the course levels. Currently it goes from a one day course that is of a lower standard than a regular driving test to a 3 week course that covers all manner of emergency driving. There is surely something that could be put in the middle there. Maybe a four day course that covers when to use lights and sirens and how to safely drive at low speeds through bus lanes and red lights.

Advertisement