Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PPS Number.

• 05-01-2019 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I need to get my deceased mother's PPS number in order to transfer the ownership of her house to my daughter, was given the number to ring so far it's cost me around 20 euro as they seem to be always busy and all you get is 'THANK'S FOR HOLDING, Every 15 seconds, has anyone else had to deal with this crowd and how busy can they be, i'm beginning to think there is nobody there at all,:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

decky1 wrote: »
    I need to get my deceased mother's PPS number in order to transfer the ownership of her house to my daughter, was given the number to ring so far it's cost me around 20 euro as they seem to be always busy and all you get is 'THANK'S FOR HOLDING, Every 15 seconds, has anyone else had to deal with this crowd and how busy can they be, i'm beginning to think there is nobody there at all,:mad::mad::mad:
    Had She a social welfare card or medical card? It's on it. Pension slip also has it.

If you were calling today , then you are right. No one is there. It's Saturday.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Is it an 1890 number?

http://www.saynoto1890.com/a-z-listing/

Other than that you can find the PPSN on things like a P60.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Revenue office staff not working at 8:30 on a Saturday night

Lazy wasters, sack em all :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Before 2000 apparently a wife's number was the same as her husband's with a W at the end.
    You'll need to send off a copy of the death certificate anyway.
    Try to find a tax or welfare document,save some hassle.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/personal_public_service_number.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Some interesting facts about me.

I have two PPS numbers.
    Was sent both when I started working for some reason but only ever used one.

Two more interesting facts about me.

1) My knob is the same length as 2 Argos pens.

2) I'm banned from Argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Make sure to charge your daughter for the 20 quid out of the cost of her new house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Some interesting facts about me.

I have two PPS numbers.
    Was sent both when I started working for some reason but only ever used one.

Two more interesting facts about me.

1) My knob is the same length as 2 Argos pens.

2) I'm banned from Argos.

Non existing knob poor you
    PS Argos use pencils

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,432 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tip of the day...it would be far more tax efficient if the house went to you and was then passed on to your daughter upon your death.

A parent can give a child €320,000 without any tax liability.
    A grandparent can give a grandchild €32,500 without any tax liability.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/capital_taxes/capital_acquisitions_tax.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭Odelay

Tip of the day...it would be far more tax efficient if the house went to you and was then passed on to your daughter upon your death.

A parent can give a child €320,000 without any tax liability.
    A grandparent can give a grandchild €32,500 without any tax liability.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/capital_taxes/capital_acquisitions_tax.html

Does he have to die first before the daughter can inherit the house? See a negative side there..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Odelay wrote: »
    Does he have to die first before the daughter can inherit the house? See a negative side there..

No he can gift it. The difficulty would be finding a reason to first sign it over to himself as it would be contrary to the will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,432 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No he can gift it. The difficulty would be finding a reason to first sign it over to himself as it would be contrary to the will.

His daughter could relinquish her rights in the will and then depending on who else is remaining he could then get it, however so would any other of his siblings.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/gains-gifts-and-inheritance/completing-your-gift-or-inheritance-tax-return-it38/what-is-a-disclaimer-of-benefit.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I don't think anyone is going to be giving out a PPS number to some randomer who calls up on the phone.

Write to them, enclosing a copy of the death certificate, certified copy of your own ID and address, and whatever paperwork showing that you are in fact administering the estate. (This is my guess of what they'll ask for.)

Then they'll most like write back and give it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Surely there is something in the house with her pps no on it? How did she collect her pension or disability or wages or whatever?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

E-mail cis@welfare.ie

Client Identity Services.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Had She a social welfare card or medical card? It's on it. Pension slip also has it.

If you were calling today , then you are right. No one is there. It's Saturday.

ah no would'nt expect them to work on saturday, been trying all week.:cool:

thanks guys some great advise there, [expect the bit about the Knob]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Local Intero(social welfare) office should be able to help you too I'd pop into one rather than calling as you said you're hours trying to get through to them. Bring ID and any info on the details you're trying to source or the reason why you need them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

thanks guys some great advise there, [expect the bit about the Knob]

I hope getting the PPS number will be the least complicated part of the property transfer. I have a feeling it won't.

yenom wrote: »
    E-mail cis@welfare.ie

Client Identity Services.

Got a number from the social welfare office, got through straight away gave me the number on the spot Thanks for all your replies. Sorted. :D

Advertisement